Your Ad Could Be Here

Hey im a bit new!!

Hey all,

25, West mids, buddiny song writer lol

im a little new to all this so bear with me. I have loved listeining to some of your tracks guys and have left a little feedback. i am looking to be able to do the same myself but my tracks are way too big! mine are like 17+ meg and even the zipped ones are 10 meg, are you guys compresing your tracks? if so how is this done.

Thanks

Mat

Hi Mat,

To be honest I am a total amateur. I bought a mic (£10 from Argos I think) and plugged it in the back of the PC. I then downloaded some software called Audacity (it was free). I then basically sat in the bedroom with the guitar and recorded straight to PC.

To upload them from the PC you will need to register with an online company that lets you host your songs for free. I joined one called JukeBoxAlive. They let you have 3 songs uploaded for free on a webpage (if you want to upload more you have to pay). You can then post a link to your webpage on the board. I don't think there is a limit of MB's for each upload.

I am sure there are other good sites and recording sites. The above are just ones that I used (cos they were free).

I am sure the guys on the technical forums will give you some better advice. Hope to see your stuff soon

Tommy the mock

Hey

Welcome!

Tommy's right. You can upload songs for free to sites like www.songramp.com and www.soundclick.com and www.songplanet.com. Most impose either an overall space limitation, or a limitation in the number of songs. You can set up a Songstuff artist page, but you cannot upload songs. Instead you can place links to songs you already have online. We are looking at adding limited uploads, but for member only consumption, not the general public. This is really to enable members who want feedback on track that are still in development to do so without letting the general public listen. I'm not sure at the moment when this will be available.

Other than that, I don't think you'll get a better standard of comment from any other site, and we are very friendly (if I do say so myself :D ).

Glad to have you aboard!

Cheers

John

Hey all,

25, West mids, buddiny song writer lol

im a little new to all this so bear with me. I have loved listeining to some of your tracks guys and have left a little feedback. i am looking to be able to do the same myself but my tracks are way too big! mine are like 17+ meg and even the zipped ones are 10 meg, are you guys compresing your tracks? if so how is this done.

Thanks

Mat

Hi Mat,

I guess the only question I have for you is, are these the sizes after converting to mp3 format?

If not, you need to do that before uploading to an Online Music site.

Welcome,

Tom

WOW guys, dd not expect such a responce - thanks for all the advice, i am planning on sticking around. A few ppl i know have commented on my stuff being a bit raw but having potential (probabaly just didnt want to offend me lol) so i do plan on getting my tracks on one of yout reccomended sites and posting links for you to have a listen as i would love your feedback, im gonna keep on listening to all your tracks to as this helps me to se other ways of presenting a song.

At the mo i only have my acoustic guitar so do not know much about mixing in other instruments but hopefully will learn from forums like this and grow.

Thanks again guys

Matt - off to get my tracks on a web site.

Edited by rickdangerous