Your Ad Could Be Here

You Tube Music Videos

• Replies 227
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yay! A Stephen Lynch song I haven't heard! Thanks Steve...

Personally I'd have to say that 'Altar Boy' is my fave to watch... or maybe 'Craig' for the evil eyes he does! :)

This is a mate of mine and will be playing my acoustic night soon

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=JF9KvSz5ebg

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Great Stuff Steve !!

I've recently been boring people on another thread about great music movies.

Here's a clip of from one of my picks.

Just as an aside, the cute young kid at the front would be called, in Rom (gypsy), a 'chav'.

Probably don't get this on the streets of Torquay either -

but here's the lovely Eliane Elias from Calle 54

Great - then here's another couple from the same movie:

'Oye Cómo Viene'.

This piano geezer is Chano Dominguez

And that's Javier Colina on bass and Guillermo McGill on drums.

The fantastic flamenco flourishes involve El Kejío singing, Tomasito dancing, and Piraña banging his box

"From Within"

My mate Michel Camilo on piano.

Anthony Jackson on six-string bass.

and Horacio "El Negro" Hernández on drums.

Here's a young drummer.

Twelve year old http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wD0tii2-BZo.

And an even younger percussionist.

20 month old http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UlnkHvZ8Tbg.

"From Within"

My mate Michel Camilo on piano.

Anthony Jackson on six-string bass.

and Horacio "El Negro" Hernández on drums.

I think that may be the most impressive trio I've ever seen! Quite a stunning track in all! The drummer impressed me as much as the bass and piano players. How many things can you hit at the same time? Like a whole percussion section all on his ownsome! Then the bass player does that little twiddly bit (Who does he look like?) which was just about the best thing I've ever seen on a bass! Loved it! And the most phenominalalal piano player! Thanks Lazz. :)

I am so glad you enjoyed it, Steve.

Don't know much at all about El Negro (The Man) but he is sure great.

Anthony Jackson, of course, is renowned, legendary among bassists, and always hugely in demand for his fluency and complete command of the groove.

From Billy Paul (Me and Mrs Jones) through the O'Jays to Chick Corea, an early invite to join Weather Report, then Chaka Khan, Steely Dan, Paul Simon and John Scofield - this guy is professionally absolutely FAMOUS!!! - and deservedly so. He has a Wikipedia entry and a MySpace page.

Michel himself has chops to burn too - spent years as a kid doing all that Rachmaninov stuff at the conservatoire in the Dominican Republic, so his technique is formidable and frightening - but he never let all that classical nonsense interfere with his cultural connection to the latin tradition. I've seen him do things live with a small group line-up that me and you would say are rhythmically totally impossible, yet these guys have lived and worked for so long inside their taditions that it's just like breathing to them. If you get a chance, you should check out his old big NY hit called "Why Not?" - nope, save yer money, I'll send you a copy - it's a brilliant example of those rhythmic impossibilities pulled off to perfection. He has his own Wikipedia entry also.

Both Michel and Anthony, on top of all that musical skill and hipness, are the most sweet and lovely geezers you could ever expect to meet in a days walk.

Thanks Steve.

Silverman is funny.

And I had forgottenall about Leggie.

Edited by Lazz