Your Ad Could Be Here

hi guys

hello, i'm new here and it looks like this is the place to start! i basically wanted to find a place where i can learn from other people who have the same kind of passion for music that i do, but probably with a bit more talent! i'm 19, a uni student from the south of england (language and culture) and i play guitar/write songs (hah try to!)

anyway, it's nice to find a community like this!

I'm at Bath but I'm actually a Devonshire girl! Lived in land of carpets (axminster!) for ages, now my ma has moved to the devon/dorset border and my pa to exmouth, and this summer i'm sort of flitting between the two. Missing Bath and Bristol pubs and gigs but Devon is ace (I get to work in a shop on the beach!). Big up the Westcountry!

Edited by one_more_hour

my music taste is varied, i guess top artists would include ben folds fiive, sleater-kinney, tori amos, the moutnain goats, architecture in helsinki, elliott smith, ella fitzgerald, regina spektor, the cure etc... i could go on as could we all but i'll spare you! at the moment it's just me and my acoustic guitar, writing indie-ish, alternative acoustic girly songs i suppose. would love to get a proper band together though and actually put my ibanez to some use!

i've started a few with friends but we end up singing about happy goats or getting too drunk to function. the guys only wanna be in the band for the women and the girls are just playing out some blondie fantasy so they never get past the third practice or so! i don't really go to an artsy uni though so it's really hard to find poeple with the same kind of mindset!

well, i want to move to canada (somehow...) after my degree, so if neither of us are rock stars by then we should start a band!!!

Hey

Welcome to Songstuff! :)

there's a good amount of talented writers and performers here, and they're very passionate about music and writing. You should fit right in!

Looking forward to hearing/reading your first posted work.

Cheers

John

i've started a few with friends but we end up singing about happy goats

well, i want to move to canada (somehow...) after my degree, so if neither of us are rock stars by then we should start a band!!!

:) Nothing wrong with singing about Goats! Alistair's band is called 'Box Of Goats'

And we can fix you up with a Canadian label when you get there! Just see Lazz after class!

What pubs do you frequent in Bristol then? (I'm a Bristol boy) Worked in Bath for about five years, did quite a lot of work at the uni.

i've started a few with friends but we end up singing about happy goats or getting too drunk to function. the guys only wanna be in the band for the women and the girls are just playing out some blondie fantasy so they never get past the third practice or so! i don't really go to an artsy uni though so it's really hard to find poeple with the same kind of mindset!

Sounds good! :D We could be...get this...Too drunk to function :D

And yeah, I've always been trying to start a band, even before I played ;D

Edited by rdb90