Your Ad Could Be Here

Getting Sponsered By Yamaha

Heya peeps! How's it goin?

I'm part of an acoustic duo called Lorelei and I've been pondering this week about getting some kind of sponsership/endorsment deal from Yamaha, as both me and Luigi play Yamaha guitars and after every single gig we always get asked about our instruments.....but I've been checking out the Yamaha website and there's no info about anything like that nor can I find anything on Google.....so thought I'd post a topic on here to see if any of you have had any experience of this kind of thing?

Thanks a lot for your thoughts [smiley=acoustic.gif]

Hey

Ok, there are optimum times to sign a sponsorship deal as it can be a lucrative source of income as well as getting free gear.

Next, tape up all logos on your gear for live or photoshoots or tv. If they are getting free advertising there is little need to sponsor you.

As a singer you might also want to talk to shure or akg etc, and of course supplier of almost anything you need. Better going for the big fish first because some deals specify exclusivity across certain product ranges.

Cheers

John

Hey

Ok, there are optimum times to sign a sponsorship deal as it can be a lucrative source of income as well as getting free gear.

Next, tape up all logos on your gear for live or photoshoots or tv. If they are getting free advertising there is little need to sponsor you.

As a singer you might also want to talk to shure or akg etc, and of course supplier of almost anything you need. Better going for the big fish first because some deals specify exclusivity across certain product ranges.

Cheers

John

Hey again John :)

Excellent! Thanks for all that, really helpful :) I didn't think abour companies like Shure or AKG.....I'll investigate! xx

I know a band that is sponsored by Fender, they said it was easy to make happen (http://www.myspace.com/girlkicksboy, if you're interested) john make some good points as always.

Peace,

John Nightwolf

Good to see you on here again

Heya John! Really?! That's interesting to know....thanks for that - I'll check out the myspace link too! Cheers mate x

Interesting thread!

(Let us know how things turn out, funkee)

I will Donna! :) x