Your Ad Could Be Here

Acoustic Guitar "little Wing"

Hey

Yeah, very different. I play more or less the same arrangement as Hendrix used, but I love creative takes on a song, and this is very different. Pretty subtle, but rippling guitar like this must take some amount of practice.

I wonder what tuning he used?

Cheers

John

From the Carlos Vamos website:

Born in Spain from Spanish and Dutch parents, Carlos had an international upbringing that brought him into close contact with a great variety of musical cultures. In 1997, after a friend had convinced him to go to a Stanley Jordan concert, everything suddenly took a complete different direction. Carlos was amazed to see a whole new way of playing the guitar! Stanley introduced Carlos to the use of the tapping style, a technique designed to achieve a level of orchestral complexity equaling that of a keyboard instrument. This technique makes it possible to play two completely independent lines at the same time on a guitar. Carlos was very fortunate to have private lessons from the master himself on several occasions. After years of intense practice, Carlos has become a master of the tapping technique and has released several albums that display his unique adaptation of this technique to his personal musical visions.

• 3 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...