Your Ad Could Be Here

Favorite Keyboard/synth

Hey

over the years I've owned a few synths. I just wondered what your favourite synth is? Why is it your fav?

:)

Cheers

John

Hmmm, let's see.

Now this is going way, way back. I had a Moog but I cannot remember which model. I wasn't even poly. Yup, one note at a time. I did however have a great slide function and would do the beginning of "Riding The Storm Out" to a tee! I miss the Old Girl.

I had some early Korgs and let me tell you this. They never went back together like they came apart. I lost two of them that way.

I guess I am a fan of the XP Roland generation. Even though their (All) owners manuals suck I still like their sounds.

For touch (I being a piano player) I always loved my Alesis.

Tom

• 1 month later...
  • 4 months later...

Well I'm interested in the topic but have only had one keyboard ever, same one I have now a Yamaha PSR 500 -- not even General Midi which makes me crazy, but I use it with my computer - Sonar - and with a Boss DS 330. I'm trying to learn a lot more about keyboards, controllers, and particular virtual synths.

I just checked out a book called "Vintage Synthesizers" from the library today to get a better feel for the history.

Some of my favorite bands were - ELP, Yes, etc. ... the synthesizer bands. Love those things so am now trying to learn how to do it, long way to go though....

KAC

I got my upgrades last week so have the full versions of Dimension and Rapture along with Z3ta+ etc.

I'm pretty much overwhelmed with even beginning to get a handle on all this amazing technology!

Also got the Sonar 7 Power! book as well as the Cakewalk Synthesizers book.

A lot of learning ahead for this ol' dog. [smiley=rockin.gif]

KAC

I got my upgrades last week so have the full versions of Dimension and Rapture along with Z3ta+ etc.

I'm pretty much overwhelmed with even beginning to get a handle on all this amazing technology!

Also got the Sonar 7 Power! book as well as the Cakewalk Synthesizers book.

A lot of learning ahead for this ol' dog. [smiley=rockin.gif]

KAC

Keep us informed Kenny. What's Sonar 7 like? :)

Keep us informed Kenny. What's Sonar 7 like? :)

Well it keeps getting better. :) I've been using it since before it was Sonar, when it was just Cakewalk, but am trying to get "really serious" with it now. It's pretty close to a full-fledged production system (at least as much as I'll likely need) from creation, sequencing, midi, audio editing, virtual synths (DXI, VCS, etc), mixing, processing and burning CDs.

http://www.cakewalk.com/Products/SONAR/Eng...New/default.asp

KAC

Edited by KennyChaffin