Your Ad Could Be Here

Question

I personaly think the industry will keep trying to find 'The Next Big Thing' punters will always buy Robbie Williams or Westlife. I just think it's going to be on a smaller scale! Indie is growing exponentialy. The only drawback is the size of the industry! It's getting to be vast! therefore finding what you want is sometimes frustrating (just like Toms wife pointed out...)

Hey

Has she found it yet Tom? ;)

:o

There are so many celebs now. I'm guessing that at some point the public will grow tired of the plethora of talentless small stars, and hopefully they'll discover the thriving indie scene.

Stars in one shape or form are always going to be about. Who and what they are might shift, but they'll still be there.

We've come to expect that the Music industry is a particular entity (basically 5 or 6 Majors that own 99% of the rest), but the internet is levelling the playing field. Accessibility is the key.

Indie Music needs to re-invent itself, as an alternative Music business. The way Music should be. In the hands of those who make the Music.

There's few other careers in the world like this. How many hobby plumbers are there? How many of people spend years and years training, and investing for a career where making a living from your job is nearly impossible for 99% of the industry?

there's a shed load wrong with things, but I'm hopeful that over the next 5 or so years things are radically going to change.

Cheers

John

I dont know where it will go or how it will develop. I do feel that chaos will be rough on everyone, but sometimes things have to get worse before they can get better. I dare say various schemes are being hatched based on internet access to music. Its how it finds its way onto radio etc. that is the question.

Can't be anything but good for indies, breaking in to the good old boys club is impossible. Internet Music opens a whole new world. People with the interest to find original Music can now find it at the click of a mouse. The real question is how many people are sick of the spoonfed crap we have had access to up till now. I think a lot of people are, we just need to be in position to make it available to them. The problem is with so much free Music, how do we make $$?

Indie Music needs to re-invent itself, as an alternative Music business. I agree, but how???