Your Ad Could Be Here

Boss Micro Br

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Hi Thom

There's not a lot to not like. 4 tracks, 32 virtual tracks, effects, drum machine, mic/lin input. I really like the fact that it uses SD memory cards as the storage media.

As ever, the proof of the pudding is in the eating. How does it sound? How easy is it to use? How versatile is it? (effects chaining, sequencer support, multitrack dumping etc) How easy is it to edit? Without actually trying it, we have no idea. Would I like one to play with? Sure!

Cheers

John

ok so far and i say so far here is what i have done with this

The portability thing is brilliant i can take it where i want thats a big plus learning the functiond is getting better and basicly quite easy once you get to know the way the makers were thinking if you can work a mobile phone then you can work this adding track simple bouncing tracks even simpler and the loss of quality is minnimal only thing i would say is that make sure your levels ar right before bouncing tracks drum patterns are not great but you can create a pattern with a mix of intros basic and fill patterns i havnt worked that out

you too can copy parts and paste which for pc users is a breeze memmory card you can get any size you want for storage looks neat some feature one jack input large and earphone socket and line in and usb for up or download and the fav thing i like it will master it with diffirent styles like live studio and convert to mp3 or wave then all you have to do is plug it into pc and pick your track ready for upload to your fav site which will be songstuff

drawbacks not great battery life and the power supply dont come with it so £25 should be added it cost me £140 but there are deals at mo seing as its nearly santa time

c'mon guys this is a music forum lets get into it what domt you like what do you like

I'm not quite sure what you expect, or maybe my sooth seying powers are a little weak at the moment, but basically never having used one of the damned things before, it's kind of hard to speak about it in intimate detail...

Edited by Prometheus

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

Sorry, I only just noticed this thread. Yes I have one. I have not gotten as far as bouncing tracks yet. I have got the drums figured out quite well.

Features I don’t like:

1/ The manual is poor. There are instances where it is just wrong. Even the corrections addendum doesn’t address a fraction of the errors. For example, I have never found the tuner. I’m sure it’s in there somewhere but FSM knows where.

2/ The guitar effects. As usual the overall majority of BOSS guitar sound patches are gaudy & over-distorted. There are 4 or 5 actually quite useful ones in there, but on the whole your better off switching the effects off. At least with the dedicated BOSS guitar effect units, you have full editorial control over them. Not so here.

3/ Build quality: It looks & feels fragile.

4/ No PSU supplied. The BOSS PSU is expensive, but you can get cheaper ones that work just as well. If you stick to batteries, it will cost a mint. Also if batteries fail before you complete your work, it could spell disaster.

5/ I cant get a Shure microphone to work properly with the BR (levels are too low).

Features I do like:

1/ The editorial options are extensive. Hard to get to initially get to grips with, but allows you to do what you need to. Mind you, I have managed to make the unit `crash’ using these though.

2/ Although most of the drum rhythms are useless, many of them can be converted to a usable condition by adjusting the tempo, & most of all changing the kit. Just changing to a manual kit makes a huge difference.

3/ Sound quality is pretty good.

4/ It is truly portable. Makes a good `notebook’ (pun intended).

5/ The internal mic is surprisingly good.

Thanks rudi a very good review i have to agree on the manual and the guitar effects and yes the psi is far too expensive at £25 but he thing that really amazed me is when my memory card went it wasnt covered by the warrenty and without it it wont store any data but for carrying around in your gig bag and being portable its great