Your Ad Could Be Here

Post Production

What does Post Production mean to you?

Must be the language barrier.

For me post-production is related to video (or movies). This is where you add music, sound effects, or even all the dialogs (cheap Italian movies) corresponding to the images.

I suppose you mean something else.

Do you go through this phase with your recordings?

Nope, based on my answer above.

Didier

Hi Didier

Very similar, but vague notion, applied to music. Where global effects/treatments etc are added to a track that is more or less complete. Often it falls into standard music production, but I guess some people give it the 'Post Production' name to identify it as a distinct phase.

It's become a little more popular in recent times for some kinds of music.

Cheers

John

Very similar, but vague notion, applied to music. Where global effects/treatments etc are added to a track that is more or less complete. Often it falls into standard music production, but I guess some people give it the 'Post Production' name to identify it as a distinct phase.

It's become a little more popular in recent times for some kinds of music.

Hi John,

OK, I see what you mean.

Something between final "raw" mix, and mastering.

The answer for me is still no (I don't do it) because, until I decide to release a "real" CD, I only do "raw" mixes. I consider what I have issued so far as demos, and only that.

Didier

• 4 months later...

I'm in the post-post production phaze... Have you heard of fore-production? It's the part when you think how to produce it but aren't to it in actuality. There's also the meta-production faze, when you think how your production should sound like, when having actually started it. Juxta-production is when you produce another version of the same song. And there's "disproduction", when the sound of the product is inconsitent.