Your Ad Could Be Here

Hello

dlady101

Hello Everyone!

I am from Texas and I am new to songwriting and I have never posted any of my lyrics before. I haven't even shown my friends. I am hoping to get some real feedback and some advice on what steps to take to make a genuine effort in this business. I am currently in school for audio production and I am hoping to someday have a successful career in the music industry. I am 27 years old and I am trying to convince myself that it's not too late :-[ .

Hi dlady101

Welcome to Songstuff, it's a great place to be for songwriters and I'm sure you'll make friends here who will inspire you in the same way as I'm sure you'll inspire others. As Steve said it's never too late for anything, you have all the time in the world at least until St Peter calls you home.

Enjoy the place

Jan

Welcome. Too late? I don't think so. I'm about to turn 55 and am planning on getting serious about this songwriting thing this year.

I think the main thing is a willingness to learn and spend the time needed to do it right.

KAC

P.S. Steve I love your emo boys/bullets quote! :) Might make a good song.

Edited by KennyChaffin

Hi dlady101

Welcome to Songstuff!

Course it's not too late... unless you plan to become a child star. :)

We're a friendly bunch, and we will offer honest, constructive criticism. If we do pick a song apart, rest assured, we're trying to help, and it's something that we all expect to happen to our own songs. Not initially as easy to digest as a "pat on your back" site, but ultimately far more useful :)

Cheers

John

• 2 weeks later...