Your Ad Could Be Here

Guess I Should Do This :)

KennyChaffin

Hey all. I'm Kenny and am hoping to get serious about my songwriting this year - 2008 not much left of 2007 :). I've done a bit in the past and seem to be a constant beginner on learning guitar and keyboards. I've been a freelance writer of all sorts of things for a long time now (I'm a Computer Software Architect by day job) and have done mostly poetry for the last few years (with a few publications of that work). I will continue with my poetry and other creative endeavors but plan to focus on songwriting, lyrics primarily as well as studying/learning/writing music. Certainly any hints/tips/direction would be welcomed.

KAC

Hey Guys thanks for the welcome. I set some songwriting goals for myself that I hope to accomplish this year:

2008 Songwriting Goals

1) Write at least 12 Significant and Complete song Lyrics

(daily lyric writing 1-2 hrs)

2) Enter Lyric Contests

Enter each (6 - bimonthly) American Songwriter Lyric contest.

Enter my best Lyric in the Great American Song Lyric contest.

3) Find and work with at least one collaborator that composes music.

4) Learn and practice music/compositions skills in order to create

complete songs with lyric, melody, harmony, rhythm

(daily practice - guitar, keyboard, Sonar)

5) Write at least one complete/significant song on my own (lyric, melody, harmony, rhythm)

6) Continue to Study/Read/Learn from existing songwriters: books, online (study and

crits of other's songs), listening and analyzing.

7) Learn/Continue to learn more about the songwriting business and begin

to make contacts/associations/etc.

KAC

Hey Guys thanks for the welcome. I set some songwriting goals for myself that I hope to accomplish this year:

2008 Songwriting Goals

1) Write at least 12 Significant and Complete song Lyrics

(daily lyric writing 1-2 hrs)

2) Enter Lyric Contests

Enter each (6 - bimonthly) American Songwriter Lyric contest.

Enter my best Lyric in the Great American Song Lyric contest.

3) Find and work with at least one collaborator that composes music.

4) Learn and practice music/compositions skills in order to create

complete songs with lyric, melody, harmony, rhythm

(daily practice - guitar, keyboard, Sonar)

5) Write at least one complete/significant song on my own (lyric, melody, harmony, rhythm)

6) Continue to Study/Read/Learn from existing songwriters: books, online (study and

crits of other's songs), listening and analyzing.

7) Learn/Continue to learn more about the songwriting business and begin

to make contacts/associations/etc.

KAC

Hey Kenny

You've come to the right place to encourage and support you, though look out for honest constructive critique.

You might be interested in our 21 in 31 challenge... 21 lyrics during 31 days. The idea being to encourage a flow of ideas, setting aside writing time etc... Post your lyrics in the critique board if you want feedback, or the general songwriting board if not. The original topic is in the songwriting board.

Cheers

John

Hey Kenny

You've come to the right place to encourage and support you, though look out for honest constructive critique.

You might be interested in our 21 in 31 challenge... 21 lyrics during 31 days. The idea being to encourage a flow of ideas, setting aside writing time etc... Post your lyrics in the critique board if you want feedback, or the general songwriting board if not. The original topic is in the songwriting board.

Cheers

John

Thanks again John, I'm definitely looking for serious constructive critique in order to improve. Not sure I'm ready for 21 in 31, but we'll see. :)

KAC