Is a logo important  

21 members have voted

1. 1. Is your band logo important in the grand scheme

• yes
    • no
    • don't know
    • yes but i aint got one
    • no but i do have one

I tend to think that in this world of image a good band logo is got to be important so guys lets see em heres mine

Yes, logo's important. It's the "cultural shorthand" by which people are going to recognize you. The more visual our society becomes (and we have become awfully visual, in my opinion), the more important the logo becomes.

You do not have to have a professional do it (however, professionals need to eat, too). Mine was done by my teenaged daughter. I don't know if I can paste it in here or not. Basic rule (I used to be in the graphic design business, by the way) is it should be eye-catching, distinctive, be able (within reason) to be able to be reproduced small or large, and convey enough about what you do to allow people to automatically think of you when they see it. That's all.

I use my logo on everything. It's on my business cards, music letterhead, promotional posters, and so on. It's the "promo photo" on my Soundclick page, too.

Last consideration. Put some thought into it. AT&T probably would not have picked the Death Star (from Star Wars) as their logo if somebody had had their head screwed on properly. Now, it's too late.

Joe

post-1478-1201727034_thumb.jpg

• 6 months later...

Let's resurrect this topic [smiley=bounce.gif]

• 2 months later...

This is the logo i came up with for my last band ant although its simple its identifiable fairly easy and most good logos are simple

• 2 years later...

Moving this thread on a little here are some more bits and pieces i have been working on

post-1411-0-68622400-1294485250_thumb.jppost-1411-0-44186500-1294485289_thumb.jppost-1411-0-41132300-1294485426_thumb.jp