Your Ad Could Be Here

Tuners

I like those clip on ones that you clip onto your headstock.

I had a combo metronome and tuner for years and years. I don't know where it is now. My pandora mini has one internally with various drum patterns as well as 14 different effects that can be run 7 at a time. But still it drives me nuts with band in a box.

For some reason even though biab is alledgedly tuned to a 440 when ever I match it with a guitar I've tuned externally the guitar sounds out of tune. As a result I use biab's internal tuner when jamming with biab.

The funny thing about singing and playing to me is....When I'm really enjoying and singing along and playing the guitar. The guitar is usually slightly detuned. It's an inside joke I have. I can't sing this well there is something wrong with the guitar. For a long time I didn't have a tuner and would try to tune by memory. A jam buddy had the gift of perfect pitch. I'd play something and he'd say. That sounds really good but what would be really great is if you could tune up just a little so we can play it together. The guitar would be in tune with itself but not at A440

I always liked the Korg GA-30. I have 2 - 1 for home & 1 for work. They're cheap and I think pretty accurate.

• 2 weeks later...

I have Korg GA-30 tuner. There's one thing I don't like about it - it only tunes to standard tuning. Although there are two buttons that I never used on it, I could just be dumb.

Other than that it works great and has been working for years. Haven't had to change the battery yet.

I also really like Boss pedal (white) tuner.

Oh yeah, there's another really cool tuner I saw my friend has. I don't know what it's called, but it's a small clip-on one and it has really nice bright colors! I would like to get one of those sometime. Korg GA-30 is not colorful like that.

Edited by Loonatic

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 8 months later...

There is a tuner on my ancient Boss GT5, but I only need it during the summer. Even then, it often easier just to ask the keys:

"Give us an E please Paul !"

There is another tuner in my home recorder. That gets used every damned time. Sometimes more than once.

Without these aids, I would go for a headstock tuner of some sort.

• 3 months later...

I have two pedalboards and on one I have a Korg Pitchblack and a TC Electronics Polytune on the other.  Both serve their purpose very well and are fairly inexpensive if you can get a used one on ebay.  That is what I did.

Dave

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I have Korg GA-30 tuner. There's one thing I don't like about it - it only tunes to standard tuning. Although there are two buttons that I never used on it, I could just be dumb.

Other than that it works great and has been working for years. Haven't had to change the battery yet.

Thats not exactly true. by using the flat or sharp button,  I use it for  Open D and Open G/Capo for E and A on acoustic. If you know the tuning you can work with it.