Your Ad Could Be Here

Song Title Association Game

i get the books in the Bible relationship, I just didn't know my books.

its like, as if someone posts Dream On by Aerosmith, and someone else then posts Take The Money And Run by Steve Miller with their perception that both bands are fronted by a man named Steve.  That doesn't work in my book.  A song by Steve Miller and a song by Stevie Wonder would work though.  Or Dream On by Aerosmith and Dream Weaver by Gary Wright would work.  Or Dream On by Aerosmith and Fantasy by Aldo Nova would work but Fantasy by Aldo Nova and Cocaine by Eric Clapton wouldn't work even tho both song refer to the white powder.

thats always been my take on it anyway

• Like 1

What about this:

Dream on - Aerosmith

Stand - R.E.M.

Personally, I don't mind the ones you can hardly figure out, sometimes they work, sometimes they don't but at least it makes it interesting.

• Like 2

40 minutes ago, Just1L said:

What about this:

Dream on - Aerosmith

Stand - R.E.M.

I like that v much :thumbsup2:

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Just1L said:

What about this:

Dream on - Aerosmith

Stand - R.E.M.

Personally, I don't mind the ones you can hardly figure out, sometimes they work, sometimes they don't but at least it makes it interesting.

Yes, that works for me, but the connection is there.  Like "Lady In Red" and "Queen of Hearts" works for me.  

• Like 1

I guess we should just give it a go with whatever we want. It's not like we'll be getting away with anything if it doesn't work. I'm looking at you Rob!!!! 

2 minutes ago, Just1L said:

I guess we should just give it a go with whatever we want. It's not like we'll be getting away with anything if it doesn't work. I'm looking at you Rob!!!! 

He'd make good cop I reckon. Maybe a potentate even ! :mellow:

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, Just1L said:

Whatever we want?  You mean like eating dessert first?

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, McnaughtonPark said:

Whatever we want?  You mean like eating dessert first?

Exactly, but different.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, RobAsh15 said:

Oh, sure, make ME the bad guy in this...:huh:

Look, it's an online game. If there are rules, we will still end up lacking on the enforcement side of things. If you want to play the game with no rules, clearly I can't stop you.

But, here's what I believe will happen: Take the anarchist approach and please your senses. My prediction? The game will be a meaningless list of songs in less than a month, or will fall part completely in a month or two. And let's remember that this is a game that has been enjoyed by members for damn near a decade.

Rather than attempt to impose a new sensibility on this game. we could always start another and have two games, each with different rules. In fact, I prefer not to be tied down to just playing one game. I'd like to play a few different games and see which one I like the best. Playing just one game is such a commitment. I kind of like to play around.

As to how we proceed? I leave that up to you all.

Rob I thought I could tease you without creating resentment. Sorry.

Ive long been grateful that you're trying to keep this game along the lines that I like.

:friends:

It should only really be a problem for noobies. Not us geezers.

Istanbul (Not Constantinople) - They Might Be Giants

M.P  when you get older you always eat dessert first in case you don't reach that part of the meal . or is that just me ?   LOL

john

• Like 1

Early In The Morning - Ginger Bakers Air Force

clue: a word in the Just1L's post was changed from verb to noun

• Like 1

Took me a minute, but I got it.

just finished watching a documentary about Tom Waits  forget how good he is

Hell broke luce