Your Ad Could Be Here

Dj Singularity Introductions

• Noob

Hello, I'm an aspiring DJ with some experience in producing electronica. I call my stuff experimental as it doesn't fall within predetermined guidelines but is rather a progressive new musical form derived from several source genres. I hope to get hooked up with an agent and a label to make further strides in my choice directions; which are more than a single style. I am pleased to be part of this community. Any encouraging words or suggestions, please send them my way.

To learn more about me and my musical ambitions please visit my myspace page: www.myspace.com/singularityranctech.com

Edited by Steve
Made link live

hey

Welcome to da boards :)

I had a listen to a few tracks. I'm used to electronica but, don't take this the wrong way, I don't see a new musical form, though I do hear a few different electronica genres in influence there. Maybe it's just the tracks I heard.

I'm a fan of experimental electronica so I'll look forward to hearing more of your work. What's your set up?

Cheers

John

• Noob
hey

Welcome to da boards :)

I had a listen to a few tracks. I'm used to electronica but, don't take this the wrong way, I don't see a new musical form, though I do hear a few different electronica genres in influence there. Maybe it's just the tracks I heard.

I'm a fan of experimental electronica so I'll look forward to hearing more of your work. What's your set up?

Cheers

John

Yeah man, I am limited by the samples at my disposal right now but am hoping to get some new stuff soon. I only used Magix Music and video maker to make these tracks. I would love to have an electric guitarist and bassist to back me up. The plan is simply to create some samples of original rifts or what have you and merge them with the Heavier Hardcore and Crunk elements produced via the mixer to produce something totally new and unique. The closest thing that I have heard to what I plan to do is Crunk Rock like the songs "Roll Call (Crunk Rock Remix)" and "Act a Fool" by Lil Jon, of course mine would have far more Hardcore and Trance elements added and my verbals would hint at someone like the Metal group "Disturbed" lead singer mixed with Lil Jon and Ying Yang Twins, and believe me... I do it well! Again this is where I meat a roadblock in trying to bring my dream to reality, I don't know any musicians available, nor how to find them short of ads and this is what I'm trying now. Any suggestions will be well received.

DJ Singularity

Hey

I guess it depends. Do you need live musicians? You could post in our new classifieds section, vurrently very bare, or for writing and recording try our collaborations board. :)

Getting and creating samples, and sound editing is vital to the overall sound. the quality and originality of sounds is a big thing in electronica and it's an ongoing thing. Tools wise progs like reason are commonly used in electronica but that is also a prob in that it is very easy to sound just like everyone else. Search for posts by dorumalia on these boards to pick up some free sample libraries, plus you will find some free reason refills (libraries) posted too if you search for refills.

Also look at gigasampler as a good software sampler.

Other than that, placing ads and visiting local reharsal studios to get recommendations for the studio owners can be a good route.

Cheers

John