Your Ad Could Be Here

Asian Instrument ?

yeah.....in india we have a very similar instrument....but the only difference is, it has only one string....it is called "ravanhatta"......

maybe you can ask "annec" when she'd be back from her trip to india....coz where she'd be visiting, this instrument is used frequently....it is mostly used in folk dance.....

although i couldn't fing any image of it......but imagine "Erhu" with one string......:)

• 2 months later...
yeah.....in india we have a very similar instrument....but the only difference is, it has only one string....it is called "ravanhatta"......

maybe you can ask "annec" when she'd be back from her trip to india....coz where she'd be visiting, this instrument is used frequently....it is mostly used in folk dance.....

although i couldn't fing any image of it......but imagine "Erhu" with one string......:)

NO WAY! I have this one instrument that is one string that you play like a cello i've been trying to figure out the name of it! or where it was from. It has like a horse/dragon on the top of it. Yes I finally know the name of it!

~TIMOTHY~

Hey neoism are you from india?

Well there is this one indian instrument that I think is really cool. It's called a sitar... it'd be a neat thing to have :) How much do you think that'd cost buying it online?

~TIMOTHY~

my uncle in california have a sitar...he plays flute very well...

maybe i'll ask him...! :)

and yeah...i am from india... :)

Prayag

my uncle in california have a sitar...he plays flute very well...

maybe i'll ask him...! :)

and yeah...i am from india... :)

Prayag

Sweet... are you still living in india?

Yeah ever since I saw a sitar i've been so curious about it. I've heard the beatles used it even metallica used it one of their songs. I like to collect instruments and that'd be an awesome one to have hanging on the wall or something. Yeah I imagine it would cost alot!

~TIMOTHY~

Sweet... are you still living in india?

Yeah ever since I saw a sitar i've been so curious about it. I've heard the beatles used it even metallica used it one of their songs. I like to collect instruments and that'd be an awesome one to have hanging on the wall or something. Yeah I imagine it would cost alot!

~TIMOTHY~

yeah...but maybe this January i'll go to US for studies...not sure though...:)

sitar have seven strings...infact "si-tar" = seven strings...:)

much similer to guitar...but far more hard...and fret area is almost twice as what an average guitar has...and you have to hold it upword....:)

when i had vocal exam...i had to play...rather simply strum the strings while singing...:)

yeah...but maybe this January i'll go to US for studies...not sure though...:)

sitar have seven strings...infact "si-tar" = seven strings...:)

much similer to guitar...but far more hard...and fret area is almost twice as what an average guitar has...and you have to hold it upword....:)

when i had vocal exam...i had to play...rather simply strum the strings while singing...:)

Interesting... From what I heard it has 13 - 20 strings (though only 7 of them you use... the rest just add). The neck of the sitar is hollow and the frets are moveable.

~TIMOTHY~

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 years later...