Your Ad Could Be Here

Seven String Guitars

I'll confess I didn't know such things existed... What are the benefits etc? It might conceivably gimme an excuse to get another axe ;)

I'll confess I didn't know such things existed... What are the benefits etc? It might conceivably gimme an excuse to get another axe ;)

Extend the range at the bottom of the guitar and for the low sound I think. Much favoured in metal circles.

They make 8 string guitars too. Some guy who is an uber shredder (got to love that phrase) plays something with a low B and a high A string - too weird for me

I have tried it a bit and find it odd because I mostly play chords rather than single string work and it's odd to play chords on. Neck is that much wider than a 6 string so again feels funny. Zand likes it though and it's his cash so up to him

Edited by Nick

Here's http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JRQ6SIQT0w4with his old custom 8-string.

Eventually gave it up.

Hmmm, I'm not much of a shredder, so I think I'll pass... :)

I imagine it is much like playing a 5strang bass, except for the chord thing of course. I have a 4 and a 5 and switching back and forth can bee cornfusing at first, but in time you can just tell the difference, I know two ways to play most Songs now, regular/and one that takes advantage of the thunder string.