Your Ad Could Be Here

Hello World

Hey

If I remember right the ESI 32 uses a mac format disk? I seem to remember using Mac format.

Things to check:

Unique drive ID, for example PC set to 1, ESI set to 7 and drive set to 4.

Ensure the SCSI chain is properly terminated (What is your connection path?)

Cheers

John

Path ESI32 --> Toshiba CD --> HP 9Gig --> Computer Host

id5 id4 id0 id7

SCSI card in host is set to autoterminate I changed it to manual terminate the one time it worked. Now it doesn't see the ESI32 at all the 8 entries for it in Device Manager have disappeared and using the cards software (before boot completes it no longer sees the ESI32. It did at first. I have to go to work I'll work on it more when I get home. I am psyched that I was actually able to load the WAV files on to it at least once. Next step is to take devices out of the chain and see if that drive may be throwing everything off. ESI32 doesn't even see it it's not been formatted Computer sees it but can't initalize it. I think it's the weak link.

JRG

Film at eelven

The Agony ... The ESI32 still sees the SCSI CD player but can't see beyond it. Yesterday the computer made it all the way to the ESI32 several times. Then I tried to initialize the SCSI HD Because the ESI32 wasn't seeing it. The ESI32 disappeared it's no longer in the list of devices under Windows, and when I reboot and look in the cards utility it doesn't see the ESI32 anymore. I thought maybe the SCSI card on the ESI32 had gone bad but I can still see the SCSI CD rom and load from it. I'm guessing the Computer SCSI card is still ok or the CDrom wouldn't be terminated anymore. I took the HD out of the equation and now the card sees the CD rom but Windows doesn't and Windows does not see the ESI32. HELP!!

JRG

Film at Eleven

actual it sounds like you might have a problem with two devices set as master. been a while since I set up my emu with my PC. all my libraries are on CD or hard drive.

Ah, try setting the esi as ID 0. Maybe misremembered but worth a try.

Oh, when you set to manual termination, you did add a physical terminator?

If you disconnect the PC does the EMU see the drive?

Niot sure how far I've got but something is happening. I hooked the ESI32 Directly to the computer the SCSI card setup still didn't see it but when I went on into XP it wasn't there then on a whim I did add new hardware and it showed up. So after going through the 8 discovery cycle Sound Forge 6.0 again transfered samples to the ESI32. Spent hours playing with WAV files that I had on my computer and the ones of the CDs I bought from Sound Load. More fun than humans should have :). So this morning I decided to get adventurous and try to hook the HD directly to the ESI32, at first no joy, I couldn't figure it out it was manually terminated and the ID was set to 0. Well after messing around with it for a while I discovered the ESI32s ID could not be set lower than 1 then I noticed the floppy drive was labeled as D0 so I set the HD SCSI ID to 1 and suddenly the ESI32 sees it. So I figure it will take a while to format (it's doing it now). Once it's formatted I plan to hook it all back together and see what happens. There is also a setting under the SCSI to avoid host I set this to 7 as that is the ID of the SCSI card in the computer. Anyway I think I'm on the road to having the system do what I want. If I get all these things working together the next step is to figure out how to make and save my own bank to the HD and then eventually burn it to a CD of my own.

JRG

Film at Eleven

Exciting times [smiley=bounce.gif]

Well at least for a while everything was working :), then I started getting timeout errors when trying to transfer WAV files from Sound Forge 6.0. HD formatted out to 10Gig which I found interesting since the manual says OS 3.02 won't do anything bigger than 4. Of course that doesn't mean it will write to all 10Gig only time will tell. On another note ESI-Win now sees the drives and the sampler so I should be able to make my image files and burn them to CD. Anys got to start getting ready for Guitar lesson, I'll play with this more latter.

JRG

Film at Eleven

Not sure the problem isn't partially in my copy of Sound Forge 6.0, it seems to work well when it works but then suddenly starts getting timeout errors. If I use the Sampler>Configure and re-save it starts working again. When it works it works great. As stated before this is a lot of fun. You haven't lived till you've heard Godzilla as performed by the aflack duck :).

The ESI32 can see and work with the full 9Gig on my HD, extremly happy with that. I can now save and load banks. Time to start building banks of my own from all the Samples on the CDs.

On another front, I picked up an E-MU Orbit 9090 V2 on E-bay the other day, I bought on a whim kind of been shying away from it because of it's dance planet moniker. This thing is Awesome had to do a reinitialize to get everything working but Wow there are some really great and usefully sounds in here. Not to mention the Beats and Drum Kits (not a drummer so having these is really helpful).

Also got the Alesis Vintage Synthesizer and Beat Boxes Q card for my QS6.1 Wow! I keep waiting for lightning to strike me, mere mortal man was not meant to wield such sonic power. Talk about thunder of the Gods some of these patches are outstanding (IMHO).

JRG

Film at Eleven

Archived