Your Ad Could Be Here

Hello World

Ok, where to begin. A long time ago in a ... oh wait that's been done. It all started when I got an Atari 520 ST it had these two jacks on the back labled MIDI. I decided to get a keyboard to hook up to it. I went to the music store and saw the then brand new Roland JX-3P a quick listen to the salesman playing it and I had to have it. I took it home hooked it up and started making noise with it. I then got Activisions Music Studio and started composing songs. I subscribed to Keyboard magazine and drooled over all the really great gear I couldn't afford. One day I got adventurous and made a tape and played it for a friend. His comment was that it sounded like someone banging on springs. So I quietly put my stuff away making stuff only for my own enjoyment. I still bought the occasional piece of new equipment. I listened to a lot of Tangerine Dream, Vangelis, Wendy Carlos, Enya and yes even Blue Oyster Cult and of course Pink Floyd.

Fast forward and enter E-Bay, suddenly all that great gear was available so I bought a few more things. I even started taking music lessons (Guitar and Piano). I've been told I have no rythum and my teacher may have to go so far as getting a helmet and start banging me in the head ala Mr Hollands Opus, I don't care I want to do this.

There's music inside me I just need to bring it out. Even if I'm the only one that ever hears it :)

The current equipment I have:

Alesis QS6.1

E-Mu XL-1 Extreme Lead

E-Mu ESI32 (in transit)

E-Mu Proteus 2 (in transit)

Kawai K1

Korg M1R

Roland JX-3P With PG200 Programer

(2) Roland MT32

Roland HP6000s Digital Piano

(2) Yamaha MV802 Mixers

Oberheim Cyclone

Oberheim Strummer

JRG

Is Stone Foxes an adult site? Your band site?

That unfortunately was an error in judgment, yes (I won't even mention it's name) is a free adult site that I run (hangs head in shame). There is a band called StoneFoxes and no I didn't take their name. With the addition of the Proteus 2, I am no longer a one man band, now I'm an Orchestra :)

JRG

Is Stone Foxes an adult site? Your band site?

Actually yes :), I can't resist tapping along with songs albeit out of time apparently. I seem to have a problem with rushing the tempo when I'm trying to play. I wonder if it plays faster in my mind than what I can play or hear.

JRG

Welcome on board, have you found the wonder of a metronome to help with your timing speeding up?

Other than that, practice makes perfect! :) In fact, you may find that practising until you have the rhythm problem a little sorted and then going to have lessons might help you benefit from them more, although that depends on whether you can hear the rhythm going wrong... lol!

Welcome on board, have you found the wonder of a metronome to help with your timing speeding up?

Other than that, practice makes perfect! :) In fact, you may find that practising until you have the rhythm problem a little sorted and then going to have lessons might help you benefit from them more, although that depends on whether you can hear the rhythm going wrong... lol!

Yeah, Practice Practice Practice ... I know, but I truly do need help, I eventually catch on when I've gone wrong but way to late. Been beating on coffee cans to Blue Oyster Cults GODZILLA (hey one of my all time best air guitar songs in college). Now I'd like to play it for real :). My musical taste are quite broad everything from Rachmaninoff, Moussorgsky, Saint-Sanes, Pink Floyd, Blue Oyster Cult, Tangerine Dream, Vangelis, Enya, Sara Brightman ... you get the idea :)

JRG

hey,

sorry missed this :)

How can I help?

Cheers

John

If that was a reply to me :), I got warned for the graphic I used originally because it was construed as an add for an adult website I run. (wasn't what I intended but admins were correct to remove it per policy). I have removed the websites name from the graphic and am trying to fill the empty space it left with something acceptable possibly my screen name. Anyway when I'm done with it, I'd like to show it to an admin to make sure it's acceptable. It is not my wish to offend or break any rules. I like it here and want to remain a member of this community. The graphic is completely created by me, based on a belt buckle I have. So I don't think it's a copyright problem. I don't find it offensive, but we've already established I'm a dirty old man :).

JRG

If that was a reply to me :), I got warned for the graphic I used originally because it was construed as an add for an adult website I run. (wasn't what I intended but admins were correct to remove it per policy). I have removed the websites name from the graphic and am trying to fill the empty space it left with something acceptable possibly my screen name. Anyway when I'm done with it, I'd like to show it to an admin to make sure it's acceptable. It is not my wish to offend or break any rules. I like it here and want to remain a member of this community. The graphic is completely created by me, based on a belt buckle I have. So I don't think it's a copyright problem. I don't find it offensive, but we've already established I'm a dirty old man :).

JRG

Ok but i've already got one warning, do those things stay on there forever?

JRG

• 2 months later...

The Saga Continues ....

After much pain and frustration I have a Working SATA card and SCSI card in the computer at the same time. First the good news.

THE COMPUTER SEES THE ESI 32. Sound Forge 6 was able to send WAV files to the sampler and it played them.

Now for the Bad news

The ESI 32 does not see the SCSI hard drive that is in the chain. XP sees the drive but will not initialize it and gets an error every time it trys. The SCSI Utility shows the drive and will allow me to do a low level format of it. It's a 9Gig drive and I realize that's bigger than what the ESI32 with OS 3.02 allows but the company I bought it from assured me it would work. I would think if it wouldn't work with the ESI32 that it should at least work with Windows.

JRG

Film at Eleven