Your Ad Could Be Here

Hey

Sty

Hi, I'm Steve (Sty). I bought an Epiphone six string in 1974 and learned enough chords to play Jim Croce songs for myself. Then I went to college and met a guy from Micronesia named Art that taught me how to play rhythm for him so he could practice his lead guitar runs for Hendrix songs. And then together we started playing Skynard, ZZ Top and stuff we just made up. I practiced for weeks to learn "Stairway to Heaven" and even today it's one of the first things I play when I pick up a guitar. (Unless it's a "Sweet Home Alabama" kind of day) I worked at writing songs and played music every day and then I took on a wife and had kids and worked my ass off for the next 30 some years making a living and being responsible.

Now, I'm a 52 year old guy that's playing and writing again. The young guys I work with just shake their heads when I play CD's in my truck going to the job site. On any givin day it might be Buck Cherry, Kid Rock, Metallica or Sugarland. They don't get it. I like the rockers, but tend to write country type songs. It's because I don't have a rocker voice I guess.

So, now I'm working on my bucket list. I'd like to write just one worthy song. I'm hoping I'll find some help on this site.

Sty

Hi, I'm Steve (Sty). I bought an Epiphone six string in 1974 and learned enough chords to play Jim Croce songs for myself. Then I went to college and met a guy from Micronesia named Art that taught me how to play rhythm for him so he could practice his lead guitar runs for Hendrix songs. And then together we started playing Skynard, ZZ Top and stuff we just made up. I practiced for weeks to learn "Stairway to Heaven" and even today it's one of the first things I play when I pick up a guitar. (Unless it's a "Sweet Home Alabama" kind of day) I worked at writing songs and played music every day and then I took on a wife and had kids and worked my ass off for the next 30 some years making a living and being responsible.

Now, I'm a 52 year old guy that's playing and writing again. The young guys I work with just shake their heads when I play CD's in my truck going to the job site. On any givin day it might be Buck Cherry, Kid Rock, Metallica or Sugarland. They don't get it. I like the rockers, but tend to write country type songs. It's because I don't have a rocker voice I guess.

So, now I'm working on my bucket list. I'd like to write just one worthy song. I'm hoping I'll find some help on this site.

Sty

Welcome, your not alone getting the looks from kids. Half the songs I mention to my Guitar teacher he's never heard of (good guy really gret player jus a LOT younger than me). Keep Playing....

JRG

Welcome aboard Sty, I'm sure you'll find all the help and support you need to write at least one good song, if you catch the bug like I did/have (I'm having an off time writing wise...) you'll write more than that...

Make sure you have a good look around at the articles on the site, and all the different parts of the forums, as there's a wealth of info already, and anything you want to know that you can't find the answers to, I'm sure some of us will know and be happy to help :)

Cheers, Rohan