Your Ad Could Be Here

Hi Everyone, Newbie Here

kenN

• Noob

Hi, I'm Ken. I've written about 8 or 9 songs over the past 2 years. Writing the words is fast and easy...not saying they are good, but they just flow. Sometimes I get an inspiration, sometimes they are practically given to me in my sleep. Sometimes the music goes easy. Sometimes it's more of a struggle. Sometimes I write the lyric and hear a tune on my mp3 player at lunch, while doing a sudoku, and going down the stairs back to work (I'm a machinist) the melody morphs to fit the lyric I wrote earlier. My problem is writing it all down! I don't have a clue! I have one song, the first one I wrote, that I have a melody line, a harmony line, a bass line and guitar chords for. I did that on Anvil studio. I printed it out on Noteworthy composer. All free software. I'm not even sure if it is written in the correct time signature! I know I don't have the rhythms right, a lot of it is more free flowing, but it is written like a Strauss waltz! I don't really play piano or guitar. I have an old classial guitar that I use mainly for figuring were the notes in my head are. I can play chords that aren't too fast or difficult (have a lot of trouble with barr chords, think the neck is bent and the action is too high). I use the keyboard on Anvil studio to put the notes in, but it is really a hassle to keep changing the note selector (quarternote, halfnote....) for each not I play. It would be nice to just play it in real time on a midi keyboard and the notes would magically appear on the screen. Is there such a thing?

Any help would be appreciated.

kenN