Your Ad Could Be Here

New Here

Hi all-

I'm a new poster on this forum and just wanted to introduce myself! My name is Katie, I live in Tucson, AZ. I've always been musically inclined (as a listener and a player). I recently learned to play the guitar (started last October) and have started writing some songs since then. I have about 7 or 8 songs with lyrics written, but no music yet.

As a child, I was always in extra-curricular music activities (choir, jazz, dance, band, etc.) I played the clarinet in grade school and taught myself piano by ear. Since I knew plenty of music theory, it was easy to learn the piano once I figured out the letters and the keys. I quit playing music from about 14-25 but my love for music was always there. When I got obsessed with watching people play covers on YouTube, I said enough and bought myself an acoustic Ibanez Artwood Series. She's got a beautiful sound and I always love playing her. Since learning to play guitar- I've acquired a Les Paul Gibson Studio '03 (Ebony) with various amps + effect pedals.

I look forward to posting some lyrics on here for critique and meeting other musicians/songwriters.

Welcome Katie. Take your time to dig through the site, lot's of useful info and help everywhere for you. Jump in and get involved. Don't forget, board etiquette is to critique others work before you post yours :)

See my sig below for completing the basic requirements please.

Welcome Katie. Take your time to dig through the site, lot's of useful info and help everywhere for you. Jump in and get involved. Don't forget, board etiquette is to critique others work before you post yours :)

See my sig below for completing the basic requirements please.

Already added my location to the map! Will be sure to fill out my profile and critique others lyrics before posting my own! :) Thanks for the warm welcomes! I'm excited to share some of my "mental vomit"......ahhhem, I mean creativity.

Hey Katie

Welcome to Songstuff :)

Kajagoogoo, now that's a name I haven't heard in a long time!

• Editors

Welcome to Songstuff Katie :)

Hey Katie

Welcome to Songstuff :)

Kajagoogoo, now that's a name I haven't heard in a long time!

My muse for songwriting (over the past year) and the person who taught me how to play guitar......we had this joke about kajagoogoo. And my nickname with him is "kid". So I thought it fitting. I'd probably have to say one of my favorites during that era would be Take on Me or Everybody Wants to Rule The World. But I also have a loyal affinity to Here I Go Again, by Whitesnake (which I would consider the only song on the soundtrack for my life).

Thanks for the warm welcome!

Archived