Your Ad Could Be Here

I'm Just Here For The Beer

yoshimitsu

Hello!

I was only kidding about the beer, I drank before I came here. Just thought I'd drop in here!

I'm a musician, though not a professional in any way. I've been playing guitar for two years, without a teacher. My main focus has always been improvisation, and I think my style of playing deviates from the common trend because of that. I play a wide range of genres, including metal, flamenco, blues, funk, rock, a bit of classical, I think that's about it.

My taste in music for listening is kind of reflected by what I play. Especially two years ago when I started, I was very much into blues artists like Buddy Guy, B.B. King, John Lee Hooker, Jimi Hendrix (yes I consider him a blues player) and more. During that time I started exploring rock and metal music. With the help of friends I discovered bands like Bleed the Sky, August Burns Red, Atreyu, Skindred, and others. Now I feel drawn to genres like classical and spanish/arabic guitar music

Now I'm in a metal band, although we never write songs. Instead, we improvise everything:

I do some solo stuff on the computer as well, sometimes along with an acoustic guitar: http://soundcloud.com/ronin-narasu

That's just about all the shameless advertising I can do without feeling like an a**hole

Looking forward to be part of this community! *hiccup*

Edited by yoshimitsu