Your Ad Could Be Here

Understanding Of The Music Industry

john

Understanding The Music Industry  

43 members have voted

1. 1. Out of 10, with 10 being an expert, how well do you understand the workings of the Music Industry?

2. 2. Have you set goals for a career in the music industry?

• Yes
    • No
  3. 3. Do you play in a band?

• Yes
    • No
  4. 4. Do you write for a band?

• Yes
    • No
  5. 5. Would you like to make a living from your music?

• Yes
    • No
  6. 6. What roles do you see yourself in as a professional within the Music Industry? (Tick all that apply)

• Songwriter
    • Composer
    • Lyricist
    • Performer - Band Member
    • Performer - Session Musician
    • Producer
    • Band Manager
    • Promoter
    • Booking Agent
    • Publicist
    • Other
    • I do not want to perform any role as a professional in the music industry

Thanks MP.

We have a fairly broad church of writers, musicians and other music industry roles represented on the site. i wanted to see where people see themselves and what they want from Songstuff. Don't get me wrong, we will still be supporting all as best we can, professional interests or not, but products particularly take a lot of investment: time, a lot of money, the use of contacts etc (particularly in intelligence gathering on latest industry developments, deals etc), so I want to make sure that we provide what is wanted and needed. The same is true on a lesser scale when it comes to chosing topics for articles and tutorials, with the writers putting in a significant amount of work... I don't want to waste the time of writers or readers.

I have been toying with writing a book on Songwriting among other things, but then I'm not a famous writer! That said it would probably be written "by Sonsgtuff" as it were, and Songstuff is at least a little bit known. That's not all. There are lots of things in the pipeline.

I have had 12 years experience conducting online promotion (not just Songstuff or my own music but several behind the scenes projects that have taught me a lot and specifically online music marketing and promotion to add to all my years working in the real world industry before my own personal situation changed) so I think I could do something of big value there. Plus there will be some industry friends contributing on a scale that Songstuff has never seen, covering all kinds of topics. When I say some of those people are at the top of their game, I mean it, A pretty exciting time and I am hoping members will agree with that.

Over the years I have retained and grown my contact list, with people right to the top of the big labels to famous writers. Not all want to be known for writing teaching articles etc, more content with their day to day role. If they are happy to pass on very useful and often valuable information under the banner of Songstuff I'm not going to argue and I hope members will see some big benefits, be they amateur enthusiasts or professionals, just for fun or very serious grafters.

it's great to finally be delivering things that really will not only live up to but far exceed my expectations when I launched Songstuff. Not that I was so much holding back, but now I have far more reasons to really push Sonsgtuff to "become" that dream than I ever did before. I'm laying much, much more on the line. So much so that I think what is planned will really shake things up, far beyond Songstuff and it's current members. I'm hoping we can bring all those members with us so they really get the full benefit.

After years of adding to my own knowledge about writing, performing, recording, producing, managing, marketing, promoting etc. and with seismic changes in the music industry I can see some HUGE things being missed right across the spectrum. I've not been complacent. I fully plan to pass on my own skills and learning, and I know that my friends still working in the industry plan to deliver some dynamite too. Should be lots of fun.

look out for a fuller survey with an excellent free gift as an incentive over the next few weeks as I really try to hone in on delivering some truly excellent products. As ever we will still be delivering lots of free stuff. Hell we've been doing it 12 years, that's not going to stop now.

Simply put, the more I know of what all our members want and need, the more likely we are to deliver exactly that. If it is outwith my own experience or skills, I will do my utmost to put someone in place who truly has that experience, or those skills.

Onwards and Upwards.

Cheers

john

Any feedback and I would love to here it, from any of our members. If you really want or need something, find something missing creatively, understanding and knowledge, tools, methods, process or just want to comment about the direction of Songstuff.... whatever... just say.

• 1 month later...
  • 5 months later...

Hi

I wanted to get an idea of how you perceive your understanding of the workings of the Music Industry. This will help me to decide on upcoming articles, tutorials and products.

Cheers

John

Hey its a good poll  to identify all the talented and hidden talent of person ,who wants to join music industries.Good one John ,keep it up and let me know for further  post!!!!