Your Ad Could Be Here

Grime fusion into the pop industry in USA has been the big trend over the last 6 years (yeah I know Grime has been around under one name or another for a decade at least) and lately it seems just about everyone who is anyone in the mainstream pop market is using Grime beats, a Grime based sound.

Some of you must be experimenting with Grime, so 'fess up, who's Grimey? :)

• 3 weeks later...

I started using it and I think it's a really cool effect when you wanna spice up a beat. It also works well on acoustic instruments - like you have an acoustic guitar riff and some chilled real-world drum sounds and you add a grimey bassline to it. Here's one song where I used it. The lead is a detuned saw mixed with a rapidly LFO'ed sound: .

Edited by henning
  • Like 1

Thanks a lot whoosh!! General question on the grimey bass effect - how do you do it? I usually move the frequency cutoff according to a rhythmic pattern but maybe you can get cooler effects using a Vocoder or something. Never tried it though.

Edited by henning

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...