Your Ad Could Be Here

Mol

Hey everyone,

my name is Moritz, I'm from Germany, and i mostly make Hiphop beats and electronic music. What I am here about today, is to get some construcive critiscism concerning my new Website, a music blog. I know, there are already loads of music blogs out there, but we think/ hope that we can do a better job. Our philosophy isn't to talk about the latest music being released, but to be a place to go for anyone in need of new music for his iPod :-) So please, tell me what you think about the site (you can switch to english on the left) and if you like it, share it!

www.unknown-tone.com

Cheers,

Moritz

Hey Moritz, the English doesn't seem to work at all, so a -10 from me :)

Seems to me too, that you're here to plug (as in spam) your blog, rather than "Introduce Yourself" to the SS community -10

So you currently have a score of -20.

Good luck :)

Well, I'll be honest, a bit of both :) I don't want to spam, if i would have wanted to do that I'd just post the link and leave, but I am really looking to get some honest opinions on the site.

How does the english version not work for you? That's the first time i heard that! And how can i score points, now that I know how to loose them? :tongue_smilie:

I'll give the introduction another try, okay?

Hello, my name is Moritz, I am currently 20 years old and I'm originally from Heidelberg, Germany, even though I currently live in Grenoble, France, for my studies.

I play the piano since the age of 7 and my Laptop since about 4 years, on which I love to do both recording and beatmaking, sometimes even a little minimal/ electro.

I'm not playing in any bands at the moment, but I love to go jamming and I used to play piano in a jazztrio and in a reggaeband.

I am trying to learn to play some guitar with the help of youtube, by now i know how to play a litte Jack Johnson and the tears in heaven intro (which, by now, really annoys my girlfriend...)

I started a website project about 2 weeks ago, trying to create a "place to go" for people searching for new music, since I did that anyways and I thought "why not make it easier for all the others!"

In this forum i am looking to get some opinions on my musical creations and on my website and hope to be of help to everyone else by giving my more or less expert advise :P

I am looking forward to meeting you!

Cheers,

Moritz

Edited by Mol

Well, I'll be honest, a bit of both :) I don't want to spam, if i would have wanted to do that I'd just post the link and leave, but I am really looking to get some honest opinions on the site.

How does the english version not work for you? That's the first time i heard that! And how can i score points, now that I know how to loose them? :tongue_smilie:

It's not working as the posts still show in German :)

That's weird, since it's working when I try it...not even the first post works? Or just when you click on a second one, after having switched to english?

In which language is this page shown? http://www.unknown-tone.com/en/

Ok I think I know where the problem comes from, it's the "similar posts" widget... clicking on it always brings you to the german version of a post... stupid.

Edited by Mol

Yep, + 10 points for a good "personal" intro. I loved the way you tagged on to playing the piano how you play with your laptop :lol2:

Once you've got the English sorted, maybe then we can try and comment on your site because to be honest, your 1st post here sounded like you were offering people a way to download music for free. I'm not saying you are doing that, it just sounded that way.

So, after sorting out your website, you then have a few choices:

1. Add your link to your (or as your) post signature

2. Get involved in the community in some way, such as responding to relevant posts that are in your area of interest - then people will see your siggy

3. Put a post together about what you're doing (nice and clearly) in the Ads board

4. Create a new post (or a blog here) in the "right" forum explaining to other members what your doing, how you are doing it and any problems you met along the way and how you overcame them (eg translation) - i.e. help other people who are stuck through your experiences.

Those are just for starters. You see, if you start out the right way, SS can and will be your best friend.

ps - to get back to zero from -10, sort the translation out :)

• Like 1

Yep, + 10 points for a good "personal" intro. I loved the way you tagged on to playing the piano how you play with your laptop :lol2:

Once you've got the English sorted, maybe then we can try and comment on your site because to be honest, your 1st post here sounded like you were offering people a way to download music for free. I'm not saying you are doing that, it just sounded that way.

So, after sorting out your website, you then have a few choices:

1. Add your link to your (or as your) post signature

2. Get involved in the community in some way, such as responding to relevant posts that are in your area of interest - then people will see your siggy

3. Put a post together about what you're doing (nice and clearly) in the Ads board

4. Create a new post (or a blog here) in the "right" forum explaining to other members what your doing, how you are doing it and any problems you met along the way and how you overcame them (eg translation) - i.e. help other people who are stuck through your experiences.

Those are just for starters. You see, if you start out the right way, SS can and will be your best friend.

ps - to get back to zero from -10, sort the translation out :)

Alright, in that case I think I should be back to zero by now! Your right, my introduction sounded a bit like that, but no, there are only downloads to tracks/ albums that are actually free to download...

Ok, you're back to zero :)

Since this is the intro, it's now time to move your website question out into the masses; musicians lounge or music industry perhaps. Now go forth and multiply.

But a word of caution - SS is a community about helping each other, feedback and critique. In other words, give something before just asking! Hit and runs get zero back and since you are at zero, build up a little street cred for yourself by actually partaking in and being active with other peoples posts 1st :)

This advice is on a take it or leave it basis. However, if you leave it, don't cry about the results :(