Your Ad Could Be Here

Introducing Hari Ossa

I have posted in songstuff a few messages before, but since I like the people here and I'm planning to check this place often, I'm introducing myself to you:

I was born in ecuador but from chilean parents, they were hippies travelling south america... lived most of my life in chile until 1999 that I came to madrid. (I'm not very sure why I did that, but here I am).

my influences are very wide, but if you take a look at my cds you'll find about 60 zappa titles, all mahavishnu, all jeff beck, some hendrix, a lot of coltrane, all cinematic orchestra, all pink floyd, all van der graaf generator, all zeppelin, some deep purple, all king crimson, some miles davis... also some southamerican music that I'm sure you don't know like Inti-Illimani, luis alberto spinetta, seru giran, charly garcia, divididos, victor jara, violeta parra....

I cannot do stuff that seems to be easy for other musicians, like singing their favorites songs on guitar, when I started playing guitar I thought it was a way for me to express MY feelings, so I never tried to play any zeppelin or hendrix song, I just started to compose my own music and play my own solos. lately I had to play other people's music to make some money, but as soon as I played the songs I forgot them... my wife says that I love myself too much. and I think she's right.

my experience in music is mostly related to guitar and computer, some times I just quit playing guitar for some time and focus on the computer which for me is just another instrument, another way to bring to reality what is in my imagination.

I'm self taught in recording and sound engineering and do things guided mostly by my ears, not by formulas or numbers... (I know I must learn a lot of things...).

I use to do zappa-like music, weird and difficult stuff, but I spent 3 years without doing any music and now what I do sounds very different from that. I'm searching for my own sound... like anybody else.

I will post comments on what I think I may be useful.

I can understand different points of view and respect other peoples work, and don't mind if you want to have a little laugh about me or my work, as I said before I love myself too much, so I can take any joke. :D

cheers!!

when I started playing guitar I thought it was a way for me to express MY feelings, so I never tried to play any zeppelin or hendrix song, I just started to compose my own music and play my own solos. lately I had to play other people's music

Hey Hari

Great to have you aboard! Youve even got good taste in music ;):D

The part of your post I've quoted is very similar to me, although the guitar was not the first instrument I learned to play when I started playing the guitar my approach was very similar.

Cheers

John

Welcome to the boards [smiley=bounce.gif]

Come on in, grab your favorite beverage, take a seat, and try not to let some of the weirdness here bother you.

Nice to have you aboard!

Tom :)

^

Floyd nut.

Come on in, grab your favorite beverage, take a seat, and try not to let some of the weirdness here bother you.

Nice to have you aboard!

^

Floyd nut.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

tom what are you trying to say???

we are all nutters on here.............

i demand a "h"count

no jury would ever condem a welsh man

the deed is all ready done!!!

i [smiley=bounce.gif]

Nice to have you aboard!

^

Floyd nut.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

weirdness? that's why I'm here!!.

and there's zero guiness in my refrigerator, so this time just a glass of cheap wine.

nice to be here thanks to all of you!!!.

Hari

I don't know many other artists' songs either - hard enough to find time for my own songs

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

for me the worst thing is when you are having a good time with some friends and suddenly somebody comes with a guitar and starts asking you to play some stupid song... just because they assume that if you play guitar you must know stairway to heaven, knocking on heavens door, wish you were here, tears in heaven, winds of change, dust in the wind, house of the rising sun, blowing in the wind, or any other boy scout standard... ???

Welcome to the boards! i know what you mean when dealing with some musically naive people. My school constantly assumes that since I play the piano i should be able to learn an extensive peice of music in a period of a week....I'm not beethoven for crying out loud! haha well anyways great to have you here!

Hey

I wrote in another thread about playing at parties. I was quite happy until a girl asked for a few songs I didn't know, and a couple I didn't want to play, then she said "What's the problem? Come on, play monkey play!". At which point you could say I was a bit unhappy!

Cheers

John

Hey

I wrote in another thread about playing at parties. I was quite happy until a girl asked for a few songs I didn't know, and a couple I didn't want to play, then she said "What's the problem? Come on, play monkey play!". At which point you could say I was a bit unhappy!

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Chiiirp, ooog? :jumping13:

Hey

Cheers

John

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

words can be violence :(

• 2 weeks later...

H

I have to agree. Hari has created some great tracks, with enough individuality to create a distinctive sound.

Go on. Give Hari's Music a listen!

Cheers

John

:D  :D Hey guys!, I'm going to send the link to my mother, you're too kind... she has to  see this ;D ...

Hey!! maybe she can add a reply ;D  ;D  ;D !!!!

Thank you!!!

We aim to please

;)

So, when's the check/cheque arriving?

:P[smiley=bounce.gif]

Archived