Your Ad Could Be Here

Is It Too Late For Me To Learn How To Sing?

Ryng

hello im 21 years old and i really want to know how to sing, i mean i know a little bit but i want to take it to another level. I cant afford teachers and schools (that's if i still can learn) so i just need some good advises about the best thing to do for me and also what genre will suit my voice best

thanks

Everybody can learn how to sing! You're never to old to learn more! I know people who have retired and started voice lessons as a hobby. You will get out of your learning what you put into it, wether it's through a teacher or self directed. all I will say is that finding a teacher to guide your learning is extremely beneficial, they'll be listening for things that you won't notice. One lesson every month or even two months is better than no lessons at all! (for most people, some people are reallly great self directed learners...)

I have singing problems.

I tried finding a teacher. The only one in my general area said she could help me but seemed incapable of agreeing to an appointment or replying to an e-mail inside of a month.

I joined a chior. This was pretty good for exercising the voice, but I had to pull out due to practices conflicting with gigs.

I bought this

http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/0470640200/ref=oh_details_o01_s00_i00

There is a cd with singing exercises in.

The author managed to explain all sorts of stuff enabling the voice to 'come from the right place'. This was amazing, I really was able to find correct body resonance. It made me regret not starting this years ago. I have lately neglected the exercises, but still sing in the car using a newly discovered baritone range.

Even poor singers improve markedly over time. Fergal Sharkey did. Try and listen to Randy Newman's 1st album 'Something New Under the Sun'. The voice is cringeworthy.

Dont give up. Get started.

Hi there,

I just wanted to add that if you can practice in front of mirror you can make sure that your throat and jaw are relaxed. some people tighten up in the throat area and it can be damaging to the vocal chords.

have fun and pratice, practice, practice!

All the best,

Lisa