Your Ad Could Be Here

Musicxray.com?

Hi! Has anyone here every used Musicxray.com?

I'm just wondering what experiences anyone has had with them good or bad.

i don't really have $5.00+ to submit a song if it doesn't go anywhere.

Thank you for your time.

All the best,

Lisa

Yeah Tom,

I figured... but sometimes they have these "freebies" so I wasn't so sure if the $10.00 was part of that. guess not!! wiggleroom indeed! 

I really wanted to see if anyone has used them as well...

I appreciate any time you have! Thanks

Tom,

that helped alot. you are reiterating what I've been learning since I got here to Songstuff. I need it!

I really appreciate you taking so much time! I was only wondering if any one had some super great experience to see if it would be worth while, but you've actually given me more. The fact no one uses musicxray and the way the industry is so demanding for finished songs makes it perfectly clear that I'm not ready for that... YET!

thanks!
all the best,

LIsa

Thanks! It's all good

Hi,

I've use Music Xray a few times. I don't get to hear much feedback on my songs, so I'll send them off to one of the "song critique" submissions. The free ones aren't worth the $4 admin fee, and the low price ones $4-6 give reasonable, if very unspecific feedback, but it's generally enough to know if I'm on the right track or not. I certainly don't send them every song I write, or send the same song to a dozen different "opportunities".

I know you didn't ask it, but I'll offer it anyway... the best critique I have received by far from any service available on the internet was from Jason Blume. You can Google him to find his site. I sent a song away, paid $30 and received a voice recorded critique that was specific, constructive and extremely helpful. The reviewer (it wasn't Jason, himself) went through the lyrics, the verses, chord progressions, chorus and bridge all separately and also gave me an overall guide to what was good and what I needed to revisit. I tell you, it was well worth the money! And yes, I'll use his service again.

Of course, a live audience is the best source for a critique in my opinion, as long as they aren't friends or family, they tend to either over criticize or over praise from what I've seen. 

Cheers,

Kel

thanks for you info Kel. I really appreciate it. Hope to see you around here on Songstuff. I see you are new. I hope you like it as much as I do.

all the best,

Lisa

• 10 months later...

Thank you for your time.

All the best,

Lisa

I looked at musicxray and attemped to join, then they asked for money, always a bad move!!! in the business people who help do it for a fee, this generally comes as a cut of the product that they would have faith in (a good sellable song) but these companies that ask for money from everyone regardless of their song quality means they are overwhelmed with crap which makes it very difficult to find the good.

I did a review search on them and it was heavily criticised as being a scam, secondly when you join or attempt as I did they keep sending you emails, annoying!

I hate slating any company as we all need to make a living but be aware of those who take money and not a cut of the product.

I use sound cloud https://soundcloud.com/stevefoxmusic and it is there for people in the trade to hear, I also mail shot (email) companies with the sound cloud link, that way if they like it they can respond, if they don't I haven't lost anything :)

Hi Steve, Thanks for your thoughts on this. I'm on Soundcloud too and will "folllow" you the next time I get on (probably later tongiht..I'm pathetically additcted to Songstuff and Soundcloud!)

As for Music Xray, Ihave found over the year that if one has a finished product of high quality that matches what they are looking for, you will get a response. Needless to say, I don't have the capability of finished products with hight quality and oh that little thing called money to invest in my "hobby"

Damn, damn, damn! I like most here, wish the music industry would be my full time job...

Steve, Welcome to Songstuff! There is a wealth of information here and a TON of great people. Just looking back at this post reminds me of how far I have come in the last year due to Songstuff.

If I can help you in any way, just hit me up with a PM!

Lisa

• 2 weeks later...

Thank you for your time.

All the best,

Lisa

I have used it before, my song was not selected but a got a detailed critique from the producer. It is kind of expensive but a lot of producers, bands and publishers are on there looking. I have a friend that had a song picked up but he made 9-10 submissions before he got a yes.

Thanks Ames1212. If I had a little extra $, I'd try it a little more. Well that and some really good quality finished product songs.

It's nice to know that someone actually had it work for them.

See you around here on Songstuff!
Lisa