Your Ad Could Be Here

Like To Know Opinions On My Bands First Song Release!

Personally, I'll say upfront that this type of music isn't really my preference, and my own vocal recordings have more noise filtering issues than your band's linked song, so bear that in mind.  But the vocals are a bit too quiet compared to the instruments, and the guitar on a couple places gets some distortion beyond the normal intended amount (or that might just be my opinion).  I do, however, love the lyrics and the particular stylistic choices in the vocals that make it sound both effortless and yet not lazy like a lot of country songs I've heard.  The primary two issues I noticed really are just due to the sound editing itself, not the performance, so that's definitely a plus.

I really enjoyed this song by the sound of it and y'all have great vocals. I do agree with caduceus in that the vocals weren't mixed the best but it's better than what I could do with the 0 equipment I have so I don't want to sound overly judgmental. I enjoyed the sound of the song though!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Just the sort of stuff I like, so this will be "friendly".

I agree the vocals are a little soft in the mix for Just Some THings, but I think a lttle too lound in Coal Town, or it could be the equipments wasn't the best. I have no recording gear either. Particulaly in Coal Town the vocals sound distorted in the chorus. I can't help with any technical terms because I don't know any. I use Audacity and the only effect I know is G-Snap and they don't fix my vocals enough!

However, I love the songs. They have a nice rhythm and beat and drive along well. While I wouldn't be rushing out to buy these recordings, if you can tidy them up, let me know.

Cheers,

KEl