Your Ad Could Be Here

Indie Music And Hipsters

neoism

Hello,

It has been quite sometime that I'm living in Berlin and the art scene in general in Berlin is very vibrant as the city itself is.

However, Being a music junkie, it really annoys me how the new generation of musicians are evolving on little or no actual music sense. I see it often with indie music.

Majority of youth, dressed up as weird as they can and forcefully making themselves socially awkward and creating strong opinions about music that is less competent in sense of music. i.e. IMHO indie music. 

I personally am big fan of prog rock and classic rock, find it REALLY difficult to make friends or even find people who are into same music. There hardly any live music places which are dedicated to it either. Every place I have been to has either some hipsters standing straight and listening to Indie music or teenagers dancing extravagantly on punk music.

Is it me or you are also experiencing this in your respective places?

PT

Lol this is classic, I was in Berlin 20 years ago and it was exactly the same! I can see why you'd have trouble finding classic rock there. But aren't there lots and lots and lots of clubs? Surely every style of music is covered somewhere!

I live in Brisbane, Australia and we have the reverse problem dude. Luckily I have the Internet and Songstuff and my own collection to make it all go away. Best of luck with your search!