Your Ad Could Be Here

Man Of Steel: The Score & His Pants

Rudi

Hans Zimmer’s score for Man of Steel.

http://screenrant.com/man-of-steel-soundtrack-score-preview-images-hans-zimmer/

John Williams old score gets the sack. Fair enough. It’s a new imagining of the whole thing.

The Hans Zimmer score though. It’s ok, but it’s either full on fireworks or quiet noodling trance.

What do you reckon?

Also,

Now we are to expect Man of Steel without his red pants on. The pants may have been a pants idea, but after 74 years we are accustomed to them. He just doesn’t look dressed without them.

http://www.google.co.uk/imgres?imgurl=http://spinoff.comicbookresources.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/04/man-of-steel-ew1.jpg&imgrefurl=http://spinoff.comicbookresources.com/2013/04/11/man-of-steel-takes-flight-with-new-images-details/&h=636&w=625&sz=146&tbnid=OXsnDiyAfF9PqM:&tbnh=96&tbnw=94&prev=/search%3Fq%3Dman%2Bof%2Bsteel%26tbm%3Disch%26tbo%3Du&zoom=1&q=man+of+steel&usg=__8Q2TnGUe129G0bXLmvSI74eKfiE=&docid=4IQpGt44TlhY_M&sa=X&ei=eRjxUbiuLqLl4gT824FY&sqi=2&ved=0CJIBEP4dMA8#imgdii=_

If they wanted to change something, it should have been the whole outfit. A sports blazer over a blue cashmere sweater with a pair of knee breeches might’ve been alright.

Silly idea? Not really. At super speed, you get very hot. At Mach 2 Concorde’s nose reached a massive 112 degrees C at (about 1350 mph), but the combustion point of wool is an amazing 600 degrees C, meaning Superman would still be properly attired when arriving at the rescue scene.

Had he been wearing cotton outfit, it would have burned to a k**fing cinder before hitting Mach 2.

Rudi

HI Rudi,

I'm sure the dynamics are called for with all the varying scenes that we will go through in the movie.

I have been in love with Hans Zimmer for the last few years. I even made my husband buy a Soundtrace CD of the movie "The Holiday" because I just fell in love with the way the music blended with the dialogue and scenery and and and... yes I could go on for ever.

I know have to go to the movie theatre to see this! thanks I think...

Lisa

A Hans ZImmer fan! That's great. Not many people pay enough attention to the score of movies.

I am now listening to 'The Holiday' samples as I write. 

I will see the film too when able. I'm a sucker for all this comic-book stuff.

A Hans ZImmer fan! That's great. Not many people pay enough attention to the score of movies.

I am now listening to 'The Holiday' samples as I write. 

I will see the film too when able. I'm a sucker for all this comic-book stuff.

Rudi, I'm impressed you could find them easily enough. We had to dig deep as the movie was not a huge blockbuster even though it had some big actors on it. It's a chick flick that I watch at least twice a year...should I admit that? lol, I'm a chick so I guess it's ok! I hope you enjoy the score!

http://www.amazon.com/The-Holiday-Hans-Zimmer/dp/B000LPR4U8

Iguzda

This is what I found. There is more elsewhere I think. I didnt search extensively.

yeah, thats it. ahhhhh  I love it!

I think when we first went looking there was a soundtrack with all the "cool/pop" music on it from the scenes. screaming nonsense compared to this. I really fell in love with Hans Zimmer when I heard this.

Soooo... did you watch the chick flick yet? lol

Edited by lguzda

The Holiday?

No, but its on a mental list of stuff to watch with my better half Jan. We are finding movies a bit difficult to get hold of lately. We changed TV / ISP recently and dont understand why we have lots of films 'visable' yet unavailable.

Rental places are all closing down, and we dont do piracy. I suppose its time to re-visit the library. :huh:

The Holiday?

No, but its on a mental list of stuff to watch with my better half Jan. We are finding movies a bit difficult to get hold of lately. We changed TV / ISP recently and dont understand why we have lots of films 'visable' yet unavailable.

Rental places are all closing down, and we dont do piracy. I suppose its time to re-visit the library. :huh:

Good for you Rudi!

The Holiday is old enough it should be at the library!

enjoy!

Lisa

Re The Holiday, I've always been looking for the software Jack Black's character uses to notate his composing. I think I've trialled every notation software out there and nothing was a good as that.!

Man Of Steel?

Sorry, I fell asleep. It was interesting to see Russell Crowe did though

K

Re The Holiday, I've always been looking for the software Jack Black's character uses to notate his composing. I think I've trialled every notation software out there and nothing was a good as that.!

Man Of Steel?

Sorry, I fell asleep. It was interesting to see Russell Crowe did though

K

Kel,

I know what you mean. Probably just Hollywood exaggerating the truth. They NEVER do that! LOL

I forgot Russell Crowe was in that. Now I have to go see it! yummy!

L

Actually, the different take on the story, and the relationship between "Clark" and Lois was interesting.

As I said I fell aslseep, but the overlying story was very similar whoever has seen the Christopher Reeve films of the 80s.

It wasn't as hammy as Superman 1 was, nor as lovely dovey as Superman 2 was, at least before I fell asleep anyway...

Judge for yourself, as always. I'll give it another look one day.

Kel