Your Ad Could Be Here

I Found My Style; I'd Like To Discuss It...

After much soul-searching, I found a style that fits me, but I don't know what to call it.

Basically it goes like this:

The entire song is layers of me singing, harmonizing, or humming different parts.
The drums are synthetic, with a (mostly) upbeat/dramatic feeling.

When I finish, you hear a multitude of vocals at one time... an orchestra of my voice, if you will.

I have no idea what the f*ck to call it, but I love doing it.

I think I am going to actually go wit this style.

I will try to post some finished songs soon.

Any thoughts?

Hello :)

I think it would be better to hear themm before I throw out a style.

Perhaps is a chillout style? Is just a style that group up different styles within electroic music, but that is a little mellow, and made for relaxation. But not sure how dramatic the songs are?

My songs are very slow, but also continues lots of synths, harmonizing on voices, and I use lots of reverb to get dreamy effect..I use this in many different styles. Whether is a pop-song, ballade, a capella etc . So I don't really have a defined style either. When I try to explain my songs, I just tell people they are inspired of Enya and celtic/slow music.. But they are mostly ballades though..

Edited by Achazia

Another guy, from over yonder (Scotland?) Has a style somewhat like you're describing. He'll layer 5 & 6 somewhat monochromic voices to produce a "feel" that he says is common in his neck of the woods. (Darmin?) Anywho, look forward to hearing your stuff!

Rick

Here is a link so you guys can hear what I was describing. This is the first track on my Solitude album.

https://soundcloud.com/anotherlostking/again-solitude

Edited by AnotherLostKing

Another guy, from over yonder (Scotland?) Has a style somewhat like you're describing. He'll layer 5 & 6 somewhat monochromic voices to produce a "feel" that he says is common in his neck of the woods. (Darmin?) Anywho, look forward to hearing your stuff!

Rick

Let's hear something?

Hello :)

I think it would be better to hear themm before I throw out a style.

Perhaps is a chillout style? Is just a style that group up different styles within electroic music, but that is a little mellow, and made for relaxation. But not sure how dramatic the songs are?

My songs are very slow, but also continues lots of synths, harmonizing on voices, and I use lots of reverb to get dreamy effect..I use this in many different styles. Whether is a pop-song, ballade, a capella etc . So I don't really have a defined style either. When I try to explain my songs, I just tell people they are inspired of Enya and celtic/slow music.. But they are mostly ballades though..

Have a look at the song, I posted it in the previous comment.