Your Ad Could Be Here

Greetings, Everyone :-)

Hi guys! I've been quietly following songstuff for a few months now but have been hesitant to make a post; but now I think it's time I jump in :-)

I am a medical student in Singapore, and I've enjoyed music and dance for as long as I can remember. I started with training in Indian carnatic vocal and classical dance (bharatanatyam) when I was 6, and western classical piano a few years ago. Did violin for about a year but stopped when schoolwork became too much.

I've also been putting up mini amateur musicals with my cousins for New Year's every year at grandma's, so that's me writing songs, script, making props, and getting 10 cousins together for practices each year - it's so much fun. After starting with songs for the musicals I began to write songs on a more personal front, which I plan to keep up for the rest of my life as a hobby. Music keeps me sane.

Writing vocal melodies is my forte, I believe. Lyrics are difficult for me even if I feel strongly about something, and instrumental arrangement is the worst (I can only jam simple chords on the piano and guitar, not complex textures). When I write songs I almost always focus on the melody which means I sometimes produce terrible lyrics - so if anyone is interested in collaborating with me for lyrics/arrangement/singing then I'd be more than willing! Except I must make it clear that I have no intention whatsoever of going commercial or pitching my songs to any companies, because I like to keep my music personal and intimate...

Lastly, I will post a link to my soundcloud once I have more stuff up there - most of my songs I have crappily recorded on my phone or computer or something so I haven't posted them up, but I may work on getting them recorded on my iPad instead sometime soon :P

So, hello once again and it is nice to meet you all!

Yours sincerely,

squarks

PS. If you are interested in the musical I did with my cousins last year (it's not Broadway!):

Squarks

The video is a great intro too. The music was uncommon, and thats a good thing.

Welcome to SS

Rudi

Archived