Your Ad Could Be Here

Excited

Hey Songwriters:

Joey Hendrickson here.  I founded the Columbus Songwriters Association in my hometown, Columbus, Ohio, and have been on mission to understand how and why songwriters connect, and to help all of us do it better.  Interested in being apart of this songwriting community.  Amazing time we live today, where songwriters around the world can come together.

In our hometown, 150 songwriters have banded together to prove to our city that local music can be valuable to local business.  We've had coffee shops, and pizza shops, and leather shops, and music shops, and all sorts of local shops begin to believe in us, support us at events, and allow us to distribute CDs within their retail spaces, for free.  I've set out to do a couple of other projects too, to help our city connect with the music industry at large.  

One project is a music publishing documentary.  I've attached a photo below of our interview with Stephen Finfer in Los Angeles this October.  Stephen owns Arthouse Entertainment, including artist brands and music catalogues for songs by Katy Perry, Jonas Brothers, Cee Lo Green, Green Day, Miley Cyrus, and many more.  Stephen and David Hirshland from BMG Chrysalis, as well as Chris Tyng from Futurama, VP of SESAC in Los Angeles, Kamal Moo music attorney, Head of Sync Licensing at Crush Management, and several others involved with Billboard Music and Television met with me to talk about the emerging effects of localized music and how music publishing really works today.  I'm excited to share this learning with songwriters in the Midwest through the documentary we'll be releasing.  But more important, I'm excited to connect with songwriters on new forums like this, have conversations, and share tools that help us all stay inspired and motivated to create music.

Let's connect.

Joey Hendrickson
Founder of Columbus Songwriters Association

post-15857-0-42521600-1386539965_thumb.p

• Editors

Nice to have someone like you around Joey!

Sounds exciting to bring about sorts of a musical revolution in the local scene! I'd be interested to hear about how you went about doing what you did. What was your plan and the hurdles you came across. Thanks

Welcome to Songstuff btw :)

Cheers

Mahesh

Hey Joey, welcome to the forum. This site holds some of the most talented people on the net (IMO) They have helped me immensely. I see you have a lot of experience, I look forward to seeing some of your work and learning from you as well.

Archived