Your Ad Could Be Here

List all the guitars you have ever owned

* First guitar was a Spanish guitar -can't remember make or what happened to it - FIREWOOD?

* Then another Spanish guitar bought in Spain - I think my sister may have it still - GIVEN AWAY. I think it was part of a deal to make up for the fact that I had sold the Beatles 45's that we had bought jointly

* Unbranded bass guitar I bought while at school and sold in about 1971 - SOLD. Strangely enough had the chap who bought it off me get in touch a while back though I hadn't spoken to him in 35+ years

* Yamaha FG180 which I bought in the 70s and still have. It still gets played mostly in open tunings.

* 1952 Levin acoustic which my wife owned for some reason (she doesn't play) - apparently given by a neighbour. It is a very strange guitar with dark, very soft wood on the front. It has nylon strings but the tuning pegs look like it should be steel strung (but I think it would fall to bits). it has a crack in the front. I amuse people by having only 4 strings on it tuned to DDAA and play a mean version of 'Carey' on it

* Squire Strat copy - still used

* Squire Bass - still used regularly

* Tanglewood Acoustic - bought it because I liked the feel of the neck. Easy to play and a reasonable sound for its price

* Tanglewood Mandolin - new toy

* Spanish guitar my son got when he started to learn - gentle on the fingers

* Son owns an Ibanez JEM7VWH which cost more than all the guitars I've owned put together plus about a grand so something's gone wrong somewhere :)

Edited by Nick

• 1 month later...

Main guitar - 1988 BC Rich STIII that I bought in Germany(still has the music store sticker on the head stock) has a "speed loader" Floydrose trem that I love, break a string and right back in action in minutes...

2 Epiphone LP studios

Washburn semi hollow body

Washburn acoustic

Jackson DKMG

Love them all but you can only play one at time right?? :guitarplay1:

Sounds like fun!

chronologically:

A fondly remembered classical which died when it collided with my brother one night.

A Fender(or a copy?) acoustic bought from a flea market for £20. I gave it away to my journeyman when my apprenticeship ended.

A Marlin Sidewinder start copy, sold off to a former bandmate

A Tanglewood acoustic, bought from the Barras for £80, I still have it and it has to be one of the best acoustics that I have played.

A really crap precision bass copy, sadly I still own it

A squire Heavy metal super strat, I loaded it up with a Steve Vai pick up at the bridge and an old gibson pick up at the neck. Traded in for a GS graduate.

A heritage 335 copy, traded in with the above for a GS Graduate.

Gordon Smith Graduate, swapped the P90's for Bartolinni mini humbuckers. Sold recently to fund guitar mods.

A Hohne RTS- I still have it, I recently fitted a Sustainiac driver to it, also fitted a Seymour Duncan Jeff Beck hot Rail humbucker to the bridge, It kicks ass and sounds amazing. It also has a Wilkinson trem which never seems to go out of tune!

An Ibanez RoadstarII- just re-wired it and fitted Lace Gold Sensor pickups, It still need a wee bit of work, but does sound and play beautifully.

There have been a few other dodgy acoustics bought,won or acquired and always lost, broken or given away.

Not a lot over 20 odd years.

I'm very happy with my current guitars and I can get any tone or effect that I require out of them.

I don't really believe in paying lots for a guitar, I prefer to experiment with modifying them.

Wow, you've had a few.

Strangely, since starting this thread I can add a couple and subtract one.

Earlier this year I bought a Tanglewood baby acoustic, about 2/3 scale, with the intention of converting it to a Cuban Tres Guitar. It has turned out to be more useful as a travel guitar. While the sound is terrible it is still good enough for practising songs in hotel rooms when I am working away from home and quiet enough not to get complaints.

Two weeks ago I traded my Fender American Standard Stratocaster, which I have never really liked that much, for a Fender Classic Player Baja Telecaster. Mexican made, it knocks the spots of the Strat. It may be 'only Mexican' but it is custom shop designed, with custom shop parts and the only difference to an American made one is that it is built 20 miles over the border. It sounded a lot better through an old Fender valve amp, and perfectly fine through my Marshall practice amp. It's early days but I'm looking forward to getting to know dit better.

Edited by Alistair

• 1 month later...