Your Ad Could Be Here

Newby Here

• Noob

I'm new to all of this. I have always written and its one of my passions. My wife and I are wanting to put music to my lyrics but we are at a stand still. I write from my heart and I yes am a Lesbian with three children. My name is Beth and my wifes name is Amanda. We are trying to follow our dreams but we are at a sstand still with it. My wife sings and I write but that is as far as it goes at the moment hence the stand still. If anyone has any suggestions I would gladly take them.

Edited by amandaandbethfarr

Hi & Welcome :)

I can relate to the standstill feeling as I've written for years, got here a few years ago which has helped my writing a lot, but when you don't write music or play (and you're voice is limited), it's hard to know what else to do. I've just recently gone the learning to play the guitar way (besides finding musician collaborators that can't write lyrics) - finding it tough with old hands though haha.

So, to entice people in to make up the mix so to speak, get critiquing to get your lyric skills better (they can always be better) and then start showing some of your lyrics. That's at least a start :) Then look at the other options of learning music, pc software, an instrument etc - meaning there's so many options available to you that just get stuck in to see what works for you or your wife. Nothing gets handed to you on a plate unfortunately - you gotta work hard at it.