Your Ad Could Be Here

Promoting Your Songs - Brilliant Tips

• Noob

Hi guys,

Am new here and this is my first post.

I have been into music promotion for some years now and I would like to share how I have done well in promoting my artistes

I basically use three methods.

1. I joined over I leverage on Facebook groups relating to music. This helps so well.

2. I sent my songs to over 200 college radio stations all at once . I also did this for $5 through someone on a microjob site. 

3. I did a lot of tweeting and shared on Google Plus pages.

4. I sent to a lot of music blogs and got mentions.

Music is music when it is heard.

Edited by tunesmithth
eliminated link...not allowed!

Personally, I get most of my leads to really-good music through sites like this one ... and others like http://www.macjams.com (a long-standing amateur music site primarily for Mac fans) ... and http://www.taxi.com ... and by following links to the profile pages of people whose songs I like on SoundCloud and so on (after picking-up a reference to it in places like, well, here!)

Part of the fun of music is discovering it for yourself.  No, most of the fun.  "I found it, so now it's mine."   :)

I think that lots of people still approach "marketing" in the old-school ways, in which people couldn't and therefore didn't talk to one another en masse, and the only way that you could hope to get your word out was to be the one who did all the hauling.  If you simply go to where other like-minded people already go, and join them, not as a "n00b-(bot...)" with exactly one post to you name, but as someone who actually has interesting things to say (and, oh by the by, convenient hotlinks to a page where you just happen to have things to sell), someone's going to go there.  They might listen to your stuff and buy it because they like it, and want to, and is there really any need for more reason than that?  (The "Three Investigators" book series that I loved as a kid, and still do, called it:  "the ghost-to-ghost hookup.")

I made a lot of money for a lot of years with a software product that I never particularly "tried" to promote.  But it became the "go-to product" for people who needed to solve the then-thorny problem that it did.  I couldn't have advertised the thing in Bulgaria or Iceland or South Africa or Taiwan if I had ever hoped to.  But I did sell copies in all those places, and those copies were never cheap.  (Also, I never provided a "free" trial copy.)  "Everyone knows someone else who knows someone else," and it does not take many iterations of that cycle to get the word out to a vast number of people, even though you weren't the one "carrying" the message beyond its very first hop.  If you focus on providing a good product, well, everyone likes good music, and we all have different tastes.

Edited by MikeRobinson