Your Ad Could Be Here

Ok a friend of mine has kontakt 5 the full version and so far I find it really awesome and want to get it (mainly as a sampler and some third party synths I bought and didnt realised they need kontakt to work) but I seen that it costs LOADS and that there is a free version called Kontakt 5 player so is it worth buying (what is it you actually buy) or will the free version good enough?

• 2 weeks later...

The free kontakt player version will only allow the free sounds provided by NI for the free kontact player.  If you wish to use third party plugins that utilize the kontakt player or the other offerrings by Native instruments you will have to purchase the pay version of the kontakt  player.

It's worth is really a matter of what you think it's worth.  I have the free kontakt player and I was so unimpressed with the free sounds I decided not to purchase the pay version.  There are plenty of both free and pay virtual instruments on the market which don't require the pay version of kontakt.

If money were no object.... Heck ya! I'd buy Native Instruments Komplete with every instrument they have. And I'd have the added advantage of having the kontakt player for purchases of non Native Instruments virtual instruments that use the Kontakt engine.

Naitive Instruments is the leader in virtual effects and instruments.  However that is not to say other companies don't make similar products.

I would caution you on collecting free (legal or illegal) and pay virtual instruments and effects.  There is no end to them regardless of manufactuer. Having endless selection can seem like a great idea at the time until ....you spend all your time downloading as opposed to using the instruments/effects and even then not recording.   I know of hundreds of people who do exactly that.  There vst folders are so bloated it's hard for them to remember what they were looking for let alone loading it into a daw.  Then they get so obsessed with trying different plugins with different settings... hours, days, weeks, months even years go by before they actually record anything.