Your Ad Could Be Here

Kontaxt Drums And Samplitude

Anyone able to help me?

I have Samplitude Music Studio 15 and I am trying to use drum kits from Kontakt by drum map.

I can select the drum kit from kontakt in the output in Samplitude..........

but when I create a midi object and open a drum map it is all of Samplitudes drums

Hi

I'm not a regular Samplitude user. Are you loading Kontakt as a stand alone or in host mode? I guess you are creating a track in samplitude to use a Kontakt kit with Samplitude sending the midi messages to Kontakt as a VST or an external stand alone, but you want the midi editor view in Samplitude to use the Kontact patch and sample names?

I thought this would be fairly basic, I can't remember having an issue, but then I always used Kontakt as a VST. I'm not near my music pute just now so i'll check it tomorrow.

Hi

Are you loading Kontakt as a stand alone or in host mode? you want the midi editor view in Samplitude to use the Kontact patch and sample names?

hi,

host

some of my songs i created the drums tracks for before i bought kontakt. when i added the kontakt vsts to the guitar tracks and everything else the drums no longer synced with the rest of the tracks. but when i change the output to a kontakt drum kit it works but the composition is different and not the way i wrote it.

so i need to figure out how to start writing drums from scratch using kontakt within samplitude.

or.............

how to just use samplitude's drums and sync them to the other tracks with the kontakt vst's

both would be great

correct

hmm okay.. so you have a drum track set up to use another VSTi and you added guitar etc and at that point thevdrums were no longer in sync with guitars on playback... the drums in question were sequenced outside samplitude? you then triggered that sequence successfully but they didnt stsy in sync... something like that?

if I can better understand the sync issue I might be able to help there. you know what modules, what set up and how you set up triggering etc

so at that point you try using sampitude with kontakt? But now all the sounds orvdrum mix is not the same as the song as you originally recorded it? at that point you are thinking import sounds to kontakt and trigger that from samplitude? or simply to start from scratch using a kontakt kit?

at this point I hope iam close to understanding the prob though i have probably mixed it up. as much detail as possible in terms of what where and when with why as the bonus question :)

as much details on symptoms and issues will make it easier to diagnose and find a solution or two.

• 1 month later...

hi, thanks for your time.

lte me re-explain

i have a song all in midi, including a midi drum track in samplitude music studio

when i add new vst's to the tracks (guitar, violin, bass, etc.) they no longer match up with the drum trcak which i have not changed or added new vsts to.

i want to keep the the current drum track but i need it to sync with the other tracks that i have updated with kontakt vi one vst's

Are you running everything at once?

Take each track convert to audio one at a time so your not burning up your resources.

When you run multiple vsti's and vsti's depending on the object they can drain resources. If you are willing to burn them to permanent audio tracks they won't devour resources so they will be in sync.

• 2 weeks later...

all tracks in samplitude sync to start: when i add new vsts' from kontakt to the exisitng tracks in samplitude they no longer sync with the tracks that i did not add new vst's from kontakt to.

any other suggestoins?

i;ve heard many people talk of this issue but haven't been able to find the solution.

Edited by namcizum

• 2 years later...

all tracks in samplitude sync to start: when i add new vsts' from kontakt to the exisitng tracks in samplitude they no longer sync with the tracks that i did not add new vst's from kontakt to.

any other suggestoins?

i;ve heard many people talk of this issue but haven't been able to find the solution.

I have and use Samplitude Music Studio 2013 and Samplitude Pro X and I think I know your problem.

Make sure the bpm in Samplitude  is the same as the bpm used in the existing midi tracks, otherwise any new instrument you use will follow the bpm that Samplitude is set at. A way to tell if they are the same is use a click track to see if it is sync with your

existing song. I have to watch that my self because it can be hard to fix.

The bpm Samplitude is set at is shown on the  transport control  and can set there or can be fine tuned using 

Project Properties/Project Status/General

Once you change it it will ask if you want to change all midi and audio tracks to the new bpm (No you do not) you only want it to effect the new one i.e. your drums.

If your drum part is a wav file you can use the object editor to change the tempo as well.

I hope that helps

EJB

Edited by EJB