Your Ad Could Be Here

Hi.

Sup fellas? :) 

I am new for this forums. And I would like to introduce myself. 

I am Arthur Barshay, and I am 16 years of age. I am a beginning guitarist and I try to sing vocal-ably. :) I am not bad at writing songs, atleast that's what other people say. :P I am trying to learn, gain knowledge and experience, hopefully to ever pursue my dream that seems for now like unreachable, to be a famous musician. :) I have a lot of things in my mind, I think that the best part of me that could contribute to a musical career, is not my musical experience, nor my voice, but the things I have to say, and the things I am trying to bring. I am a creative guy, which could of remind some of your old punk fellas (Kurt Cobain and such, only by the character), although I personally think (humbly) that I have some more to share with the world, due to my spiritual enlightenment, my political affiliations and my philosophical interest. By saying that I am creative, I have on my mind some ideas of mixing variety of musical genres, commercializing it while encrypting some wisdom to the audience. But that's all just in theory, until I will be a pro musician, haha.. :) 

Anyways, thank you for reading this, and hopefully we will meet at the threads on forums, and discuss. :) 

Humbly, 

Arthur Barshay, The Edgeman. 

Nice intro Arthur :)

Welcome aboard m8.

Have a "good" look around first, to get a hang of things, what you can/should do etc, where to post what, how to post and all those things. Any probs, pm a Mod :thumbup1:

Get involved in a few topics, get to know people etc, let them get to know you :)

Sup fellas? :)

I am new for this forums. And I would like to introduce myself. 

I am Arthur Barshay, and I am 16 years of age. I am a beginning guitarist and I try to sing vocal-ably. :) I am not bad at writing songs, atleast that's what other people say. :P I am trying to learn, gain knowledge and experience, hopefully to ever pursue my dream that seems for now like unreachable, to be a famous musician. :) I have a lot of things in my mind, I think that the best part of me that could contribute to a musical career, is not my musical experience, nor my voice, but the things I have to say, and the things I am trying to bring. I am a creative guy, which could of remind some of your old punk fellas (Kurt Cobain and such, only by the character), although I personally think (humbly) that I have some more to share with the world, due to my spiritual enlightenment, my political affiliations and my philosophical interest. By saying that I am creative, I have on my mind some ideas of mixing variety of musical genres, commercializing it while encrypting some wisdom to the audience. But that's all just in theory, until I will be a pro musician, haha.. :)

Anyways, thank you for reading this, and hopefully we will meet at the threads on forums, and discuss. :)

Humbly, 

Arthur Barshay, The Edgeman. 

When I was your age, I was exactly like you.  A sound that no one else I knew of had thought of, a perspective on life I believed no one else had, and the belief I'd one day be a famous musician.  When it wasn't as easy as I expected, I turned to parties and drugs instead of working harder and now I'm nearing 30 and have nothing to show for it.  My best advice to you is read as much as you can, and don't cut corners.  My big issue was at your age I believed my production quality didn't matter and my "brilliant ideas" would shine through, so I never took the time to learn my equipment well enough to produce it right.  I also didn't learn proper guitar technique but just plowed away sloppily since I had a natural gift for soloing and picking things up.  

Now I'm kicking myself for all of that, and trying to do what I should have done then.  So if this is truly your dream, and you truly have what it takes, learn all that you can and work at it.  Don't just do the fun bits, do the boring stuff too, study study study.  I'll help you anyway I can.  And interestingly, it sounds like we dabble in similar genres.  Looking forward to what you create.  

• Like 2

Thank you two, you both had some warm words. :) 

@justsoulin - I will take your advice for my consideration and fulfillment. :) 

@symphonious7 - I am grateful for your comment, and it is intriguing to listen such stories from people like you. I hope you will be able to help me in some points, and even if it sounds impossible, if I ever could of be helpful for you, I will be there to serve. :) I am seriously into the guitar right now, as I play approximately a hour and half daily, and I put effort in what I do, even in the boring stuff. And I hope I am enough gifted and talented to pursue this dream in future. :) I came to this community purposely to learn from people like you. :) 

• Like 1

Thank you two, you both had some warm words. :)

@justsoulin - I will take your advice for my consideration and fulfillment. :)

@symphonious7 - I am grateful for your comment, and it is intriguing to listen such stories from people like you. I hope you will be able to help me in some points, and even if it sounds impossible, if I ever could of be helpful for you, I will be there to serve. :) I am seriously into the guitar right now, as I play approximately a hour and half daily, and I put effort in what I do, even in the boring stuff. And I hope I am enough gifted and talented to pursue this dream in future. :) I came to this community purposely to learn from people like you. :)

Sounds like you're on the right track, do you have recording equipment yet?  

I have no equipment, as I don't even know what I could possibly do with it. I have guitar, that's all. 

Well if you choose to not learn to record but just to play, then you will forever have to rely on others to do it for you.  This is not a terrible thing depending on your situation,  I find the freedom of being able to record my own ideas how I want them to be crucial to my goals as a musician, but not everyone needs that, it's just something you need to think about.  

Well if you choose to not learn to record but just to play, then you will forever have to rely on others to do it for you.  This is not a terrible thing depending on your situation,  I find the freedom of being able to record my own ideas how I want them to be crucial to my goals as a musician, but not everyone needs that, it's just something you need to think about.  

But where do I begin with this stuff? Because I do want to learn Cubase (http://forums.songstuff.com/topic/35779-request-musical-bits-for-cubase/), but I don't know how and where to start with. 

• Like 1

But where do I begin with this stuff? Because I do want to learn Cubase (http://forums.songstuff.com/topic/35779-request-musical-bits-for-cubase/), but I don't know how and where to start with. 

I'm not getting all of my notifications for some reason, didn't realize you responded sorry.  Basically you just have to dive in.  At first it will seem very annoying, all the buttons and dials and settings will seem like you'll never figure them out, but you start out just figuring out the basics.  And when you go on youtube and look up most any question you'd have about a program you'll find answers.  If you still can't find an answer, you can ask questions here.  But honestly I learned most of my equipment by just messing with things, clicking stuff and trying it, you'll need an audio box of some kind I think, a way to plug in your guitar and a microphone, they shouldn't be too expensive, after that it's just a matter of asking questions and looking up tutorials.  Watching someone do something on a video is the easiest way to understand what you're looking at, much easier than reading articles.  I'd give it a shot if I were you, it will seem frustrating at first, but once you get the basics down then it's just a matter of trying things.