Your Ad Could Be Here

Hi! I'm New :)

...and I'm excited to have found this forum!  I'm a very amateur musician who plays mostly for my kids, lol.  But even though I don't really 'perform' (except for the two times I went to the kid's school and sang with them - does that count?! ;)), I'm happy to have found this place.  

​So I'll stress once again that I am not a serious musician - I hope that is okay!  I played piano and violin as a kid, but am self taught on guitar and haven't had any real guidance since those more formal experiences of my youth.  But I'm really interested in 'meeting' other people who share my love of creating music, maybe get some honest feedback (I wrote two songs!!), and some encouragement as well… I don't really have any lofty goals but do enjoy playing for kids especially and would love to do that a little more often!

I do have a few videos posted on youtube - mostly things that I wanted to share with my family since they are not local - my kids and I have made a couple of cute 'music videos'.  Here's my very first video that we did - it was an entry in a cover contest for the Avett Brothers.  Needless to say, we didn't win, lol… 

Thanks so much for giving me the opportunity to join here!  Looking forward to exploring the site a little more!

- Maggie

Multi-tasking! And some say it cannot be done effectively - they must not know many mothers.

What a GREAT video. And great song. Your daughter adds a fantastic element to this video, as well as the dog barking at the end.

I don't believe you! Your casual style and sweet voice does not seem like you have not had any experience. Just kidding. I just wanted to emphasize that you have some gifts that should be shared beyond your family. There are many avenues for your talent. Including (but not limited) the children's camp, local coffee shop, church ministry, freelance soloist, TV, movie soundtracks, etc. I don't want you to get a big head based on my input. But you are worthy of far more exposure.

Welcome and thanks for sharing that intimate portion of your family life.

Roger

Thank you so much for such encouragement, Roger!  I will admit that this experience today of posting here and posting my song on the other board has got me thinking/dreaming more than before…  I'm overwhelmed with all the nice things people have had to say!

I'm glad you enjoyed this video - it is just my favorite thing!  I love it so much and am so happy that I'll be able to treasure it forever, even when she is grown - it captured such a sweet time of her childhood so perfectly...

• 3 weeks later...

Archived