Your Ad Could Be Here

Hi From Idaho ☺

Banjo Gal

I’ve been learning the banjo for over 2 years and started writing songs and tunes while exploring the instrument. I like a more traditional sound and especially like songs in minor keys like “Shady Grove†and “Little Sadie†which the banjo plays in a tuning called “sawmillâ€.  I’d like to get some honest feedback about the songs I write and find musicians that are better than me to help me learn how to develop them.

Thank you for your kind welcomes. I’ve been looking around the site and trying to see what goes on around here. I appreciate that everyone is trying to be encouraging but also being honest in giving critiques. I am a bit concerned that my style seems a bit different than what I’ve heard so far. I’m not sure how to give critiques for styles that I wouldn’t normally listen to.

For anyone interested in banjo, this video demonstrates how I started writing tunes and songs while learning banjo. I am still, very much a beginner.

http://youtu.be/-PZnuDY1Q0o

I often start with melodies and have added words as I heard them in the music. I look forward to posting some of my compositions.