Your Ad Could Be Here

Who Are 'the Others'?

Most topics in the critique forums get replied to by around 10% of the viewers... e.g. the figures shown might be 50 views, 5 replies. Sometimes much less, rarely much more.

So... who are The Others? Guests browsing? Really? I don't think that's true, there's just not that many guests looking in.... Or maybe they're not unique views, but still that's not really stacking up...

Someone is looking!!!

Edited by MonoStone

Spiders … Robots … You know it's probably record labels and producers looking to steal shit. They keep contacting me to do records with them. Sadly, I rarely get passed the 4th word of what they write. The first few words always seem boring, with no hook to grab my attention, and I just hit delete before the end of the first sentence.

On a serious note, I have always been fascinated when a song I post will have 40 views, 3 comments and 6 listens (example only, I have no proof of these actual numbers). It's normal to hear a song and not comment, but what about those that look at the post and then don't listen or comment. Chraziness. :)

Edited by Just1L

10 isn't 10% of 50. :) Just kidding. Well, no, I'm not, haha. But you didn't mean it that way, I'm sure. Ya know what's worse than 10%? 0. I love those quiet forums in which you get no replies half the time. And by "love", I mean the opposite of love: not love. :)

10 isn't 10% of 50. :) Just kidding. Well, no, I'm not, haha. But you didn't mean it that way, I'm sure. Ya know what's worse than 10%? 0. I love those quiet forums in which you get no replies half the time. And by "love", I mean the opposite of love: not love. :)

I said 5! The aliens are messing with your mind...

• 2 weeks later...

People are playing all kinds of games on the web...

.I can look at my stats on SC and see people who liked a track but never played it...so go figure that one out. I'm half guilty of that. Sometimes I might only listen halfway through if it starts to grate on me...for the record Mono none of your tracks were ever in that category.

Meh...I'm just thinking out loud. I'm thinking multiple visits rack up by bots as Tom said...or there could be an instability in the matrix...whatever the case I personally don't get back here as often as I would like....so as someone who likes to comment and listen I have been neglecting it slightly. As Boob mentioned ( boob who are you??) You could be 64 year old trucker...not that I would treat you any differently. ...where was I?.....oh.......

I think half of the planet is paranoid. I want to go to the other half.....but I'm paranoid too. I keep thinking the NSA is turning on my iPhone camera while I'm in bed.

Edited by starise