Your Ad Could Be Here

PS: when you guys put someone's post in quotes, how do you also copy the name of the post-er?

Have a good one!

the reply button at the bottom of each post will include the name

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This is coming clearer with everything I read, Deo Gratias! I seem to know what you're talking about (constant q, sweep, etc;) without knowing that I knew. Grateful reference this is. I really want some more reading here before I record again, and you guys are providing it.

Well, I'll just think about whether trying to do the choir is a tangent of no worth or whether it IS.

Hee hee, YOU? B**tch?

PS: when you guys put someone's post in quotes, how do you also copy the name of the post-er?

Have a good one!

If you just hit reply making sure that there is a + on quote, if not press quote till one appears and then reply. Should work...

I personally reckon the choir thing is worth it, because of the challenges it throws up, obviously, multitracking a choir is totally impractical, and it stands to reason that unless you get absolutely ideal mike placement you are going to have trouble with the people closest to the mikes sounding loudest...

If you're ever recording and reinforcing a choir simultaneously, I would advise seperate mikes and channels for both, with the signal to tape not sent out on the main buss to the Front of House mix, but sent to tape through a sub out or direct feed. This means that you can move the mikes for recording further away and crank up the preamps without getting a howlround loop. Obviously, this is not always practically possible. Due to the very paltry amount of remuneration we were given when recording the choir who shall remain nameless, we couldn't afford to hire a decent van and a decent PA system, so we had to compromise on the van and take the equipment up in a car. We ended up having less space than a Mercury astronaut, couldn't take along enough routing equipment and had to stripe the Front of House mix straight on to the recorder. In retrospect, this was a big mistake and if I ever record on location at a concert again, I will not even try to make money saving compromises. Ultimately it's a false economy... I did offer to make them a recording in their rehersal hall which I said I would do meticulously, but the director said they were taking a break for the Summer...

Edited by Prometheus