Your Ad Could Be Here

Gittler Fretboardless Guitar

Hey

Saw this and thought of you....

Cheers

John

• Like 1

To be seen in the next Star Wars movie.

Ive seen pictures of it before, but not heard it played. 

I used to have something similar. A roof aerial.

At $4995 and $5995 for these guitars, I'm going to have to pass!

I would love to try one though.

Very interesting !!!!

I didnt think Id have a chance in hell of playing it until the end of the vid that showed the plexiglass neck shape.

Without that Im sure iI would be all over the E strings as far as unwanted muting,as I do use the sides of the neck to lightly grip and keep position when changing positions on the neck.

As far as do we really need a guitar like this?Probabbly not .But do we need a car with massive horsepower and handling to get from point A to B.Probabbly not but we all want one.

Last but not least,speaking for myself anyways,I thought the sound samples sounded very good,so where does that leave us with all the discussion and debate over tonewoods?

I still and allways will believe that as far as on an electric,99% of your tone comes from the components from the bridge to the nut,including strings,pickups,frets,electronics,and of course the overall set up.

My two cents !!!

One more thing that just occurred to me.I guess it would react somewhat like a scalloped neck,where if you press to hard,you would push your notes sharp.

On the other hand I guess you could do a bend by just pressing down instead of pushing across the fret. LOL !!!

Edited by davidmichael
  • Like 1

• Editors

That is pretty cool! I wonder if it is easier to play as compared to any other electric guitar. It would definitely feel different. It's awesome that they have that guard to clip on the back if you are not used to it.

Cool stuff!