Your Ad Could Be Here

Site Hosting?

thanks!

now I'm reading about tables and frames... then this weekend I should write the biography text and continue improving the site until it looks more "pro".

and of course: make more music!! :D

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey Hari

Looks good, though your page width is maybe too large for a splash screen. I had to scroll to see the whole page, which isn't ideal. If the entry page wasn't just a splash it'd be ok.

Remember: cross link all your artist pages. It'll help your link popularity.

Try to make more of the images for albums on the top right. They're just kinda stuck there.

Hope this helps.

Cheers

John

thanks John!

always wise words from you. :)

Hey Hari

Looks good, though your page width is maybe too large for a splash screen. I had to scroll to see the whole page, which isn't ideal. If the entry page wasn't just a splash it'd be ok.

yes, I know but that page is going to be the main one, I'm going to work in a bio, gallery and hopefuly more stuff (if I can think of something...).

Remember: cross link all your artist pages. It'll help your link popularity.

I'm working on that one too... 8)

Try to make more of the images for albums on the top right. They're just kinda stuck there.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

maybe some layer that appears when you put your cursor over it?

Edited by hariossa

Hey Hari

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Get a bigger monitor dude, looks fine here :P

Get a bigger monitor dude, looks fine here :P

Laptop dude. Still I could have got one of those new fangled wide-screen ones...

I'm doing some "research" on my old tapes, the music page is going to be massive... all my stuff from way back. it's a lot of fun to do that.

the bio is going to be ready for next weekend, I got some old photos from my family, so if someone wants to have a laugh...

the colors of the site and final design will have to wait, I'm working on the content now.

I have this idea about a flash mp3 player embeded on the page for instant play...

well, gotta go.

thanks you all for your comments!.

• 2 months later...

OK!!

after some time, work and research the site seems to be "viewable", but more important than that: "listenable", I added flash players to all pages, so you can listen to all the stuff, from my first recordings in 1993 to the last one with H.H.'s text.

you can pause, rewind, fast forward all songs and off course download them all!!!

surely it needs to grow more, and hopefully I'll improve it with time... I still have A LOT of free space there!!

any ideas to improve it more? (still gotta learn what is CSS...).

Congrats on a great looking site!! [smiley=bounce.gif]

I like the "Life" page a lot. Nice bio. I did spot two things I would change:

In Chile we lived in several cities so I always felt nomad.

Sounds kind of weird in english (maybe you meant to in which case ignore my suggestions)

I always felt nomadic

I always felt like a nomad

I always felt the nomad

I began listening to music carefuly at 10

carefully

My modem is slow so I can't hear the Music, I'm downloading "Splinter" right now. Suggest a "Rightclick/Save as" for slower users.

I was unsure what the "IMGs" link was until I clicked it, then OH, images!! LOL

Lot's of good work put in, good pay off, excellent looking site!

[smiley=bounce.gif][smiley=bounce.gif][smiley=bounce.gif]

P.S. I like the new cover pic

thanks a lot my friend for all those corrections!!, I'll change them right in a sec...

all "download" links can be right clicked to "save as"... so, you meant that I should type it on the page for letting people know?. I guess so..

thanks!!!

You're quite welcome, just trying to help

all "download" links can be right clicked to "save as"... so, you meant that I should type it on the page for letting people know?. I guess so..

thanks!!!

Yes, that's what I meant.

Very nice site Hari, you should be very proud [smiley=rockin.gif]

Hey Hari

Very nice...

CSS - Cascading Style Sheets

Normally in html fonts and styles are all defined locally to the bit of text etc. you want it to apply to. The Style Sheets part means that you can define a style, say MyBodyText, in one place (either within the html file, or within a separate css file). You would then locally apply that style. If you want to change all the locally applied styles, no need, just change the style definition.

The cascading element refers to the fact that styles are hierarchical, and can be overridden locally.

Cheers

John

CSS - Cascading Style Sheets

Normally in html fonts and styles are all defined locally to the bit of text etc. you want it to apply to. The Style Sheets part means that you can define a style, say MyBodyText, in one place (either within the html file, or within a separate css file). You would then locally apply that style. If you want to change all the locally applied styles, no need, just change the style definition.

The cascading element refers to the fact that styles are hierarchical, and can be overridden locally.

Cheers

John

oh boy!! seems like learning stuff was easier when I was younger... :-[

I just want to get rid of the links underline...

I guess that I'll find the way somehow.

thanks!!

oh boy!! seems like learning stuff was easier when I was younger... :-[

I just want to get rid of the links underline...

I guess that I'll find the way somehow.

thanks!!

You need to add this to the head content of your files...

<style type="text/css">

<!--

a:link {

text-decoration: none;

}

a:visited {

text-decoration: none;

}

a:hover {

text-decoration: underline;

}

a:active {