Your Ad Could Be Here

Is it a guitar? Is it a bass? What the hell is it?

Hey

Ever exploring the world of instruments, there is always something that catches the eye/ear/mind...

More like  a keyboard from the playing style and sound of it.

While it sounds kind of cool and could be fun to play, my first thought was … "What is he compensating for?" :)

half hour is opimistic.... although with the new self tuning guitars that problem would be solved... however $60 for a new set of strings...

• Like 1

There is a plethora of crazy guitars it seems. Cool yet head scratching at the same time.

Edited by Just1L

13 hours ago, Just1L said:

While it sounds kind of cool and could be fun to play, my first thought was … "What is he compensating for?" :)

Yes me too.

Love Ricky Wade's playing.

I tried the chapman stick but it never really worked for me.  Hated the bass strings being tuned to 5ths down from the center.  Warr guitars and megatars make much more sense.

I've stated this before.  Watching Stanley Jordan on the Tonight show back in the 80's forever changed how I approached tapping. I went from EVH type playing to melodic tapping overnight and never looked back.

Even the Linnstrument is a tap (touch) instrument and I'm having the time of my life with it.  As for learning instruments compared to guitar some aspects make it easier to learn (especially if you are just starting out) Most especially...No picking techniques required.  Developing two part techniques is much like the piano.  You start with simple concepts and build yourself up from there.  Such as blues walking bass line left hand and chords in the right or vice versa depending on the setup. 

• 2 weeks later...

It's a 12 string MLG guitar from space! (or Hell... looks confusing)