Your Ad Could Be Here

NC Songwriter happy to be here!

• Noob

Hello, everyone! I'm Randy, from Greensboro, NC. Like most people here, I have lurked on the site for a while and finally decided to join. I write, play, and sing music from a bunch of different styles and influences. I figured I'd answer those ten questions to help talk about myself. Please feel free to introduce yourselves! I look forward to getting to know some of you.

1. Do you sing, play an instrument or instruments?

I sing and play guitar mostly, but I can fool a layman into thinking I play bass and piano.

2. Are you in a band or bands?

I currently play in two bands. Mightier Than Me plays original music (alternative/indie), and Beyond This plays mostly covers (contemporary mainstream rock songs). I also have a solo project that has never really left my bedroom, but I'm going to try to get it out there in the next few months. It has been called McFear for the last 7 years, but I'm going to change the name to Young Widows very soon. 

3. Do you write songs?

I have been writing for 13 years. My first song was an accident and I've been hooked ever since! I'm looking for songwriting partners, but it's hard to find someone near me who's as serious about it as I am.

4. Do you record your music?

Yes, see #2! I record at home. Right now, I have a MacBook Pro with Logic, and a Focusrite Scarlett 2i4 audio interface.

5. What other roles do you perform in the music business?

Nothing currently. My dream is to be a gigantic songwriter/publisher.

6. Are you a tech head?

Not really. I focus more on the song than what you use to play/record it.

7. What country do you live in?

USA.

8. What are your ambitions?

See #5 :)

9. Do you draw/paint/write stories/computer art/dance or other creative pursuit?

I used to draw, but I stopped doing it, so now I'm really bad at it. My second passion right now is photography. I often stop writing for long periods of time because photography takes over.

10. What would you like to get out of Songstuff?

New friends, collaborators, constructive criticism, perhaps a new favorite band/artist!

Hello Randman , good to see u stopped lurking , I was just looking at a post this morning that had 21 views but only  3 replies ?????   wtf ,   why come to a site like this and not join in the discussion ????  ,  I can't play an instrument , read music , sing or anything talented , but I have a go and join in , :rtfm: 

Archived