Your Ad Could Be Here

Hey there for Australia

Terry Cox

Hey songstuff

I'm Tezza from Sydney Australia , :ilovemusic:

First time poster , long time bedroom musician

This looks like a cool website  , I like the energy. 

Gotta a question  , if you have lyrics with chords / tabs written (and you dont want to sing or play it :unsure: ) 

but you want feedback/critique/collaboration which is the appropriate forum to use  ?

Cheers

Tezza

Hi Tezza

Welcome to Songstuff!

Best forum would be the lyrics critique forum.... the melody is a critical component of a song... in fact, it is one of two essential components... lyrics and melody make the fundamentals of the song. Unfortunately chords are just too little to judge what a song will sound like. You can have too many melodic variations over the same chords rendering further comment of very limited use.

Don't get me wrong, you can add your intended chords on the lyrics board, you might get some useful comments.

You might not be confident in your vocals... you may be a writer who is only going to be presenting a guide melody, not the finished singer... that is perfectly okay. It's all about the song (or at least it is if you explain at the top of your critique posts!) But it's about what you hope to get out of feedback. If you can find a way to get the melody posted, played if not sung, then there might be a real value in posting to the song and recording critique board, for both you and the reviewers.

The only other suggestion I can make is to collaborate with a singer. I am sure some community members would help... if you could somehow convey your melodies to them? Skype maybe?

At the end of the day I am sure you are wanting critique on your songs, but to do that you would need to present... the song. Otherwise we would all just be guessing, and that doesn't help anyone.

We're a friendly bunch... honest!

Good to have you aboard!

John

Hi , Tezza ,   the Lyric Critique forum would be the one , but not in the members only lyric forum , not many people frequent that one , just go down the page a bit more and you will see where people are posting on the list ,( a few of mine should be there somewhere )   at the top right of that list is a tab that say NEW TOPIC , click on that and just fill out the boxes ,  

Cheers from Tez (teek) from Melbourne Aus.

Sweet!!   quick reply fellas!! Thanks heaps.  I'll put it up in a bout 30 mins

John !

I'm gonna ask a real noob question here .  how do I separate the melody from my chord progression . I just play by ear and what comes out of my fingers :)

Cheers

Tezza